1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Run In Complete Been Hooning At Bit

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Cliffords, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Nearly to 2000 miles and I have let the bike rev its range a couple of times now.
    My question is re the shift lights, I have only seen them go red and although quite busy at that point hanging on, did I miss a green set of lights or is it just straight to red ?

Also has it got a rev limiter I changed up as soon as I noticed the red lights and all the trees were moving very fast . I got to test the brakes too after that !

thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. Straight to red afaik.

Not that mine has been that far.... ;)

3. Ya get orange ones too, think they are anti wheelie ? If you gun it in second and third you can get a full house of all four lights on :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Yes I had all sorts of lights flashing last weekend, but as said above too busy hanging on to notice what they were. How the hell do the moto gp guys go on now they have text messages on bikes.

5. I think the red lights are there to tell you you've hit the rev limiter.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. PS, never done on my bike obviously, as it's up for sale.....Doh !!! :motorcycleduc:

7. The orange/red bits mean your leaving it too late to change gears imho.

8. Yes the red ones do - but when you are gunning it - you really are talking 1/2 second or something - and you tend to be watching road more than rev counter..

9. This has got to be a troll. Why on earth would you redline the bike, nothing can be gained. laughable

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. In the lower gears, the Multi spins up fairly quickly, so if you accelerate hard, its quite easy to inadvertently be very high in the rev range. How's that a troll for asking about the rev lights ??

#10 Wayne58, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Only done mine really when on track, as you are keeping the revs up. Rare on the road, it has so much mid-range

12. Only done mine really when on track, as you are keeping the revs up. Rare on the road, it has so much mid-range

13. Doesn't the engine cut out when you are thrashing it on the red light? The engine power on my Merc drops off a cliff at 155mph. Apparently :eek: :cool:

14. Perhaps you should stick to roads then ?? :p

• Like Like x 1
  15. The limiter cuts in.

Little Ron Haslam tip for those without traction control: in the wet, ride higher up the Rev range so if the rear breaks loose, the limiter acts as traction control and limits the distance up travelled by the rider :upyeah:

#15 bradders, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  16. Do you mean for those without traction control @bradders ??

17. The rev limiter can not imitate traction control in any way. I highly recommend nobody follow this strange advice

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Lol it’s not my advice, it’s ron haslams. And yes it can in context: if you have 2k revs to go the wheel stops taking more power on the limiter. If you have 5k to go, guess what ;)

And no, it’s no substitute for TC. Obviously :thinkingface:

19. In context, was early 1000cc and 600 bikes on track. Another bit of Hallam advice is, if passing another rider, be a gear lower as you will likely be found slower at the apex as you put rake them, they will more likely bog down so helps stop them coming back.

But what does he know; he’s only an ex-GP rider :joy:

20. Yes I know but it's only cause your post said for those with traction control not those without? Surely if you have traction control, then this method does not apply ??

Do Not Sell My Personal Information