1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Running A Storm Ti Full System Without A Remap

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Loz, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Hi Folks

Has anyone had any experience of running a 999S with a Storm Ti full system without a remap or Power Commander?

Will the engine run too lean? Be prone to stalling? Explode in a blinding fireball?

I have another thread running with questions about my (bricked) PCIII but in the meantime, I'm wondering whether the bike needs to stay garaged, or if I can run it safely.

Thanks for any contributions on the subject.

2. Can't see why.

You can just junk the PC and get the ecu mapped if the PC is junk anyway. Sete. Jordan isn't too far from you and I'm sure can do that

3. I understand that ECU mapping is the preferred option. I don't know Sete Jordan, who is that? And where? Thanks!

4. Sigh.

Steve Jordan, Suzuki dealer think he may be Surrey way so up the A24.

5. Paul, you absolutely must junk that iPad of yours! LOL.

I forgot, there's Double Take in Southampton who I've used before, they are another alternative I guess. I'll see what they think, next week.

6. Are you talking Storm as in Storm Performance Fabrications?

Ps. Probs got a few PC-IIIs for 999 too but haven't read other thread

7. I know!!

Also there is Hants m/c (Mav dealer) and I used the Dynotech place in Basingstoke and they were very good

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Probably!

Not sure I'd buy another PCIII. If my existing can be easily fixed, I'll keep it but if not, I will possible go the ECU route.

9. Was the PC111 custom mapped? Do you have the PC111 map file? Is your ECU an IAW5AM?

If yes to all then you could use TuneECU Android to remap the ECU with the PC111 map combined with it. The PC111 is then redundant.

• Useful Useful x 2
  10. Yeah you're better off the ecu route probably.
    Regards the map if it's running fine and you're happy to pull a spark plug for a while to check how it's running you should be fine, if there are no new huge gaps or weird behaviour from the response of the engine you'll probably be fine too, if it's doing something weird (bogging down or whatever) or you wanted to optimise the performance then you should get it mapped, if it's running fine and the plugs look good after a blast and you're not worried about every extra ounce of performance then, you guessed it, should be fine :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Wow! Didn't know that! :upyeah:

12. The PCiii had a standard 999s map on it. I have that map plus one for a Storm Ti full system.
    I have no idea what ECU I have - all I know is, it is the original ECU. Sorry but I am a numpty, how do I check what ECU I have? Is it a tank-off operation to find out?

13. What year is your bike?

14. MY2003 999S. Bought it when it first came out.

• Like Like x 1
  15. You will have the earlier IAW59M ECU.

16. The perils of buying early!

17. Is this ECU mappable by a professional?

18. Yes it can be remapped

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. still kinda interested if any potential damage or noticeable side effects can be caused without the remap.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Me too. The plugs may tell me if it runs too lean/too rich and stalling/lumpiness will tell its own tale. What else might occur?

All I know is that the idle speed has gone up by maybe 200-300rpm.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information