1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rwhp Figures...

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Scott21, Jun 30, 2018.

1. I've been to the local meet this weekend and there seems to be a lot flying about with RWHP figures who's got the best this and that.

One that I was surprised to hear about was the 16" Yamaha R1 running 199rwhp with race exhaust and software bolted to it!

Even the Ducati 1299 isn't getting near that???

2. Never believe everything that you hear.

3. There’s a load of bollocks talked about rwhp and you take the figures talked about as an absolute with a pinch of salt. In the last year our workshop have built 1199 and 1299 Panigale engines where customers have given an open budget for more power. Most have produced in the 190+ range but only one went over the 200 but that had an extreme amount of work done to it. Most riders won’t use or don’t have the cahoonas to use that sort of power anyway so it’s just a pissing/my dick is bigger than your dick contest. Andy

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Who'd have thought something so small could produces much...:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Not beyond the bounds of possibility that 199bhp, always worth remembering though that max bhp isn’t the be all and end all, you only get max bhp at max (or approaching max) revs, and off the racetrack how often are you revving that hard?, much more important in everyday use is good torque, as low down the Rev range as possible, what really brought it home to me was when i dynoed my old Alfa GTV, it really started to pull and feel exiting at around 5k revs when driving, looking at the dyno read out it was making a paltry 80bhp at those revs, but it was making max torque, so the kick in the pants acceleration we feel on our various machines is the torque not the bhp.

6. Don't judge a book by its cover. These small bikes are quick as fook. :D

7. I'm wary about the figures but each to there own I guess.

Even so id love to see them ride the wheels off them with that much out put....

There was also a 18 GSXR1000 running 190+ with full kit ecu, arrow titanium system

8. Why?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. To see if it is the case of telling everyone how much power you've got compared to actually being able to us it all with there talent! Willy waving is one thing but being able to use it Is another

10. Dont get that attitude at all. I'd like to met the person who can use more than 150hp on a regular road in anything other than first three gears. Whats wrong with chat about how much power that pipe gave you (according to dyno Dave who did the run)?

11. No wrong with it, everyone to there own. I was just measly curious of the figures and being able to use it in "real world" environment.

If you've got it flaunt it ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. In my experience, most folk and manufacturer's alike are full of crap when it comes to power. Even ducati had to drop all their published figures last year as they were found to be bullshitting. I reality don't understand what difference it makes. If you're happy with the seat of the arse figures, and the feel a bike gives you, who cares??

13. Just go and buy a h2r loads of ponies under the tank.

14. As mentioned id rather have 120bhp and be able to ride it than 200bhp and look like a cabbage not having the talent to ride it.

Ha bit like me last week at Silverstone racing them moto 3 lads with 90bhp .:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Isnt it more like 60 hp...but only 800kg ;)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. It's all 'Magazine HP' and matters very little, but I would be shocked if any litre bike is making 199HP at the wheel on a decent calibrated Dyno, not with a pipe and remap.

My friend just bought a GSXR1k and they are supposed to be 199HP at crank, when Dyno'd with the Yoshi pipe they come out at roughly 180hp, even so, who cares... I know he doesn't, he just wants his bike to have enough grunt that it thrills him without ringing it's neck, it does that so he is happy. Each to their own though...

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Regarding Ducati being forced to re-publish bhp figures, even my humble Scrambler lost 2bhp overnight, it felt much slower the next time I rode it :( luckily my carby 900ss wasn’t included in the sudden outbreak of honesty and feels just as fast as it has always done ! :)

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. I get about 178breaknorseshower at the front wheel. I personally don't trust rear wheel figures due to the Catholic church. I prefer to go by front wheel or wing mirrors.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. As long as there are “men” and “motorcycles” there will be “who has the most hp”. Guess that’s what drive development and progress, not logic and sensibility.

20. Wing mirrors? What use are those - take em off :rolleyes:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information