1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 S Sport Main Brake Calliper Bolts

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by OoRanoO, Dec 27, 2021.

1. Happy New Year all,
    Anyone know what the torque setting is for the 2 main bolts holding each front brake calliper on or know where I can get them. I do have a torque setting document but know idea what they are called and there are no diagrams to refer to.
    Many thanks
    Steve

2. The 1200S and the 1260S are both 45Nm for the Front Calliper retainers / bolts (M10x 1.25) I would expect the V4 to be the same but I don't have it documented anywhere.

3. Many thanks Veetwin

4. Here's a screen shot of the MTS V4S extracted torque values that I have, I'm guessing it's the same calliper retaining bolts. Certainly the values are the same at 45Nm.

Screenshot 2021-12-27 163908.png

5. I set mine at 43nm on my Panigale V4 track bike..

6. Probably 'preaching to the converted', but don't forget to load the callipers first by holding the lever on/off a couple of times to help centralise them, before fully applying the torque value @ 45Nm, whilst holding the brake lever on!

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Also if you have removed the wheel and refitted to bounce the suspension before tightening up to again ensure alignment of the forks . Always done this , but could be ott

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. It is definitely worth following the process in the manual when re-fitting the front wheel, see below. I know this because after a tyre change I had a very bad weave at high speed which went away after re-fitting the front wheel.

upload_2021-12-28_8-51-24.png
    upload_2021-12-28_8-51-46.png

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Thats the way to do it , thanks for posting . Well worth it , did this when racing off road but carried on to road as well , need to read my manual as well lol...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information