1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S1000r Exhaust , Which One ?

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by simmytt, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Feeling the s1000r love on the forum, had mine for a couple of months now and all run in and loving the bike, with winter fast approaching its time for a few trinkets, I am not the type to ask for opinions, but I am struggling with this one, not interested in putting the full system on as I plan on doing a couple of track days and do not want to worry about noise restrictions, so a end can replacement it is, cannot make up my mind between the Arrow and the Akra, leaning towards the Arrow ?

[​IMG] standard

upload_2018-9-16_9-40-21.jpeg
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. just get a 60mm anything....while ive not got one im guessing there is no mount point as such so you can use anything with a 60mm bore size

3. Problem is there is a duel exit from the cat box, guess its a euro 4 thing, I can only find a cheap Chinese link pipe at the moment. Also not a lot of info out there about exhausts for this model as the post 2017 has a different subframe and frame, same as the s1000rr I think.

4. Awesome....well thats a cunt then isnt it...price of progress i suppose...ive been able to try god knows how many different cans between the zed and rsv4....i ended up using a cut down akra on both....i know you said your using it on track days but...the full system on my rsv4 was actually quieter than stock headers with an aftermarket austin on the end...the akra tailcan is amazingly quiet with the baffle in...

Just to add to that when it went through the mot with the stock headers and austin for the first few years i always got an advisory ( the samw mechanic at fowlers loves them and always the same one mot'd it....still does) when i changed to the full system with the baffle in ( for the mot ) it now goes straight through...

#4 comfysofa, Sep 16, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  5. I wonder if an RR system would fit? Bike pretty much same now for chassis

6. go direct to SPF, Phil made a Exhaust for my mates S1000rr was well priced, very well made, and passed a 88dB fly by test without Baffles...

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. How much if you dont mind me asking....be nice in future to move to ti for my rsv4

8. The rr full system is the same as are the euro 4 end cans, from what I have read the full system for the s1000 is way to loud with the best compromise being race headers with stock can, the standard euro 4 system on the bike has the annoying double pop when you come off throttle, it's almost as if it's been programmed in the ecu as its that predicable , hoping a servo valve eliminator and end can will sort it out and give a slightly richer sound. Thanks for the input @comfysofa.

9. I can't Sing Phil's praises enough, the End can was ordered last minute, and he made and delivered in a very short time line to Mainland Europe,
    also the rider crashed and damaged the exhaust, i sent it back for assessment and it was returned as new, after repair ( cost was also very reasonable)
    also a nice bloke to deal with and very open to ideas, feedback etc

Picture fitted-

0E74213C-E0C3-446E-809E-D8578B68B919.jpeg

#12 Nathanhu, Sep 16, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Full Yoshi system and ignition remap (or BMW chip). Sound amazing.

11. Just looking on akro and forums, and it does seem the headers with std can is a good stop gap. No pc5 or similar available yet.

Prices seem to be est. £700 ss to £1200 ti

12. Hilltop motorcycles will remap, results are supposed to be significant. Please dont mention them on the GS forum though...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Akrapovic all day long, best quality, better looks. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cheers Paul, that's the best photo of the Akra I have seen, same colour bike to. I think I need to look for a bellypan also.

15. TBH I like the look of the std can, so really tempted with the headers once its had its first service

16. What? You’ve bought an S1000R? Well done!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information