1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S2r /s4r Seat To Peg Height

Discussion in 'Monster' started by Troutman, Jun 16, 2019.

1. I have a 1000ds SS and am finding it too cramped now I'm getting older, it's the same with my Guzzi V11 Cafe Sport so they are up for sale.
    I love the 1000ds engine and have been looking at the S2R 1000 as a replacement bike, I could even go for a S4R but what worries me is that these bike will be just as cramped so does anyone know the distance between top of seat and pegs when sat on it.?
    I prefer the older bikes but would consider an 1100 if it is more spacious
    https://cycle-ergo.com/ says it will be more comfortable but it said that about the Guzzi so I bought one (in Prague) and can't ride it for more than 20mins (knee pain and cramp)

2. There will be no substitute for a test ride...I have an S4R and love it, but you still have the option of padding the seat and dropping the footpegs if you need to I guess...
    As far as I could tell, the riding position of the S2R is the same...do you still need the peg to seat measurement? Can do tomorrow no probs

3. If you could that would be great, my trouble is where I live, getting to see a bike is hard enough but them allowing me to ride it for an hour or two is not going to happen.
    Seat to peg height is crucial for me.

4. 45cm mate!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Subjective personal view here . as a 900superlight owner this feels slightly more comfortable than a 1000SS (ex owner) as its less of a stretch to bars (minimal footpeg differences-never noticed one being better than the other) however 900 Monster was more roomy on the pegs than my current 900SL but still surprisingly compact and the later 1200 monster was roomier again @rse to peg from just sitting on them in the local dealers.

6. The stretch to the bars doesn't bother me at all, I have long strong arms so no issues at all there , it's my knees that are the killer..I've had a Triumph Thunderbird Sport, a Honda Firestorm , Guzzi V11 (just sold) and all of them are painful after an hour, and then it's every 10mins. My 1000ss isn't as bad for some weird reason but no more than 1.5hrs. All my other bikes were Trailies and cruisers so no issues.

7. I had A M600 (first Ducati) and then the S2R 1000, I suffered from cramp all the time on lengthy ride outs, I put that down to my long legs, I persisted for years, but at 6ft 4 was never going to change and I made hose bikes look very small. Its the reason I didn't purchase the 1200R, and now ride a Hypermotard.

8. Do you have a stutter? :neutral:
    I've got short legs (30") they just don't like being folded up.
    I think I need to look at a cruiser type bike, the Monster is going to be like all my other bikes..torture.

9. Agree with that. Even bikes with the same or similar seat/bars/pegs geometry can feel very different for some reason.

Case in point - Carbon Carla, my S4 special. The seat/bars/pegs measurements and angles are the same pre and post subframe and seat swap and replacement of the OE pegs with rearsets, but whereas before she murdered my wrists, for some reason, they're absolutely fine now.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information