1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S2r Thou Fuel Pump

Discussion in 'Monster' started by drax dave, Feb 2, 2022.

1. My 2008 S2R Thou had developed a habit of cutting out when hot and in an effort to fix the issue she now has a new battery, reg/rec, alt stator, CPS, vert cyld coil, relays and fuses but with no improvement.

The latest, and maybe even the initial, problem is with the fuel pump, it does not prime. The relay is active and there is 12v feed to the female plug under the tank, for a few seconds when the key is turned as you might expect for a prime sequence.

There are plenty of replacement pumps on ebay; has anyone been down this road;
    or is there someone who offers a refirb service ?? A new full unit is very expensive!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324508721175

2. #2 Chris, Feb 2, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks Chris, but the story has just taken a darker turn. The pump assy is now out and guess what - the pump is fine - its the power feed that passes through the epoxy plug that has a break !! Best get searching !!

4. "similar internal pump bikes have had problems with feed wires breaking down as they pass thru the pump base plate."

err.. is that tongue in cheek Dave? :)

if you do a search on here you will find links to the different approaches to fixing, there are at least 3:-
    Buy secondhand unit complete and take a chance (I put up an EBay link above).
    Buy the O.E.M. wire and "grommet" assy - might still be available.
    Swot up on YouTube where owners describe how to dig out the resin and put in new aftermarket, thicker wires and epoxy resin that sets and seals.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information