1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale S4 Monster For £2350. Cosmetically Challenged !

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by dukesox, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Hi All, I recently bought a very tatty S4 with the intention of taking the wheels to put on my S4R and then selling the rest as parts. However on getting the bike home and riding it around some private roads I realised it does not need too much work to get back on the road with a fresh MOT or alternatively might make a good project for someone with more ability than me to restore. Seems a shame to break it.
    Visually it can best be described as a bike that could probably be left safely in London and not get nicked . You can find cosmetic flaws pretty much everywhere you look, I have tried to show this in the pictures but it is worse in reality being honest.
    It has several good points however. Carbon termis, 5 spoke Marchesini wheels, frame seems good and the engine had a cambelt service at Rosso Corsa earlier this year. The painted bits are not too bad and there is quite a lot of carbon fitted. It idles quite high but it starts, runs and goes. And stops.
    I have 3 keys, the code card and quite a bit of history with it, first registered in 2002 and 37k miles on the clock. The bike is in Bedfordshire close to junction 11A of the M1 if anyone wants to view it.
    If there is no interest from here I`ll put it on Ebay next week @ £2500
    If you are interested then please send me a pm.

Cheers
    David

offside.jpg

nearside.jpg

engine.jpg

front wheel.jpg

reg.jpg

top.jpg

#1 dukesox, Aug 7, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  2. Needs a lot of doing up...would make a great track bike potentially, add some rear sets and clip ons, a service and some better rubber...

3. Thank you. It was a spur of the moment purchase and it I enjoyed buying it as the seller was quite cavalier and we agreed to toss a coin to get the final value as we were £100 apart in negotiations. I only decided not to break it when I rode it, sounds far to good to end its life. Also I am mechanically inept so it was always an unrealistic idea, getting the petrol cap off is the limit of my ability .

4. You would probably have trouble fitting the rear wheel to a s4r..

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. WTF is going on with those exhausts?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Self-tappers.

8. Gaffa tape, much more sensible :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Great bikes for projects.
    Picked this up a few years back for £1k (had to go to Edinburgh though) The mains were gone.
    SS850034.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  10. At a grand I'd buy on the risk of it going pop. At 2k its quite a risk IMHO. Obviously unseen and heard.

GLWS tho :upyeah:

11. You could throw £2k at that and still not be happy ! Trouble is with “projects” like this is once you start on it you just can’t stop spending. You replace a part nice, new and shiny and next to it looks turd. I bought a KTM 300 EXC for £1800 to convert to a Supermoto, cost me £6500 all in, sold it for £3750 !

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. @comfysofa could tell you all about that. :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Yes we know each other from the KTM Forum ! It was a painful experience. But, it was fun whilst doing it. I’ve had 73 bikes in 10 years, about 8 of them I never actually had a go of :eek::joy:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  14. There is the moral, have fun whilst doing it but don't be surprised if you lose money on the deal. If losing the money is painful and eclipses the fun, you might want to stick to standard new bikes.

£2750 loss is painful, unless you had the bike years, and had loadsa fun in which case it doesn't really matter. Its about £11 quid a week over 5 years!

Do you have a before and after pics of this bike?

15. 2 weeks I had it !

16. Here it is from a thread on here

https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/ktm-300-supermoto-build.31753/

17. Oh god that is painful! Why did you sell it so quickly?

18. No idea, I kick myself every time, I’ve had some amazing bikes and builds, then sell them, I’ll never learn !

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. You could well be right there but alternatively it could quite cheaply be made to pass an MOT and then used for a year with no depreciation.

I still intend to put on on Ebay next week possibly as a spares and repairs auction with no reserve. That way I`ll find out what someone is prepared to pay for it and I`m hopeful that the good parts will make it tempting enough to get well over £2k. We will see.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Wazza knows all about my supermoto build....had lots of conversations a few years back while i was building it...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information