1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S4r Refresh With St4s Rear Shock

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by laava, Dec 29, 2019.

1. IMG_1828.JPG IMG_1829.JPG IMG_1830.JPG IMG_1831.JPG Spent the better part of a month of evenings and weekends giving the Monster a much needed birthday. It has only just clocked up 17,000km since new but was a jap import into NZ so unknown history really. Looks like it has lived outside for a bit and they salt their roads in areas.
    It had an unbranded Titanium exhaust system on it which is the only extras it came with.
    The two major things was to paint the engine and replace the std rear shock with an almost new Ohlins for an ST4s. The motor also got new belts and clearances done whilst out.
    The rear shock is a perfect fit but there is nowhere designated for mounting the shock reservoir and the remote adjuster so I fabbed these up with some 3mm ali bar, bent, bashed, filed and drilled to suit. The only thing I need to do is get some longer 8mm bolts to remount the RHS passenger pegs.
    I also gutted the cat box while it was off, but it has made no noticeable difference to noise or power delivery.
    I test rode this arvo and the rear shock is soooo much better, I hadn't realised how crap the stock one was, although it was sagging out a bit.
    Only thing left to do is a TPS reset and a TBS.

• Like Like x 5
  2. looking good dude.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Weather looks beautiful too! :):upyeah: Enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Nice work:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  5. What paint did you use for engine?

6. Hammerite smooth.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information