1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S4r Tail Tidy Or Monster Tail Chop?

Discussion in 'Monster' started by Zhed46, May 13, 2020.

1. I’ve been thinking of tail chopping mine but I’ve got this thing about not altering a bike that’s in reasonable condition in a way that can’t be reversed, that said having just seen the result on that link, bugger it I’m gonna do it!
    How about still ordering from them, once it arrives leave it untouched for 5 days, then wash all the parts in detergent then wash your hands, safe?

2. Ermmmmm.....you’re talking to the wrong person there Mark. This is the “last Monster” to which I was referring, and as you can see I’m not exactly shy about lopping bits off a bike :joy:

39AD74B1-CC77-4165-9EC9-8E62D47C4391.jpeg

Ha! Crossed wires mate. I DGAF about CV19. I just think it’ll take ages to arrive, or may not arrive at all!

#3 Zhed46, May 13, 2020
    Last edited: May 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Ha, fair enough:)

• Like Like x 1
  4. what’ve you changed?

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. The bike in the pic started life as a Monster S4 Senna but it's been somewhat modified over the course of 5 years - the list is very long but the main mods are 916 bare carbon tank (not pictured as it had a leak at the time), Pani 899 subframe and bare carbon seat, BST carbon wheels, and now also has carbon fork shrouds (not pictured) that make it look like something Darth Vader would ride. As she has a non-standard exhaust system and the air box has been replaced with pods so the battery could be relocated, her fuelling is a bit off so she also pops and bangs (the end can has a 3" bore, so I really mean "BANGS") on the overrun and shoots foot long flames out of her tailpipe, so tunnels are hilarious.

Clip of her flaming out while on the bench:https://www.instagram.com/p/B5Yb_mHBcjU/?igshid=5ipdhacdxvzb

The bike I am enquiring about is a fairly standard S4R I picked up a couple of months back.

#6 Zhed46, May 13, 2020
    Last edited: May 14, 2020
  6. And to think I was worrying about tail chopping mine :-/

7. I'm posting internationally daily and have been all the way through the lock down - only had 2 severely delayed packages, one to Spain and one to Russia but they both arrived after a month. So I wouldn't worry if you know it's what you want.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. I am not so much concerned about outgoing mail from the UK, but I don't know what the situation is with the American postal service.

9. Posted quite a few there also - via Royal Mail that passes on to their National Post - they have been fine. They tend to get held up a bit this end at Heathrow when I've checked, as in the two mentioned above.
    I have a large shipment via UPS coming in which was ordered Tuesday this week - showing as due Monday. I guess different regions could be effected though, especially in the USA.

10. Thanks for the info.

I can't find anything I like on the Bay of E so I think I'll risk it for a biscuit. :upyeah:

11. I have 5 Parcels coming by Royal Mail recently which typically take up to ten days. One is now four weeks, two are totally lost (eBay & PayPal so I'm covered but its a shame for the sellers) one is being resent by courier, the other turned up after almost five weeks. I'd leave it if I were you unless its coming via DHL or similar.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. I am having similar problems with Royal Mail's UK post. I am doing a quick and dirty loft conversion so my kids have a better room to sleep in when they come over but the insulation has taken 3 weeks so far even though the seller claims he has sent it.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information