1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S4rs System Change

Discussion in 'Monster' started by bradders, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Hi,
    I'm looking too change the standard system on mine. I have a feeling there is something quirky with the S4RS and its different to other Ducatis I've changed over the years.

I'm looking at switching the downpipes out for the Spark decat pipes
    https://www.spark.it/en/exhaust/ducati/monster-s4r-07-08-s4rs-06-08/gdu8504

And adding these end cans from Mivv
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MONSTER-...164792&hash=item216bcdabbb:g:mioAAOSwLydeV838

1. Do I need to get the ECU chipped, and can that still be done (anyone on here do that??) thinking just drop a DP Chip config on there
    2. Do I need to worry about engine warning lights without the cat (like modern ducats with the butterfly valves cycling on start up)
    3. Anyone done similar?

I'll probably add performance filter too, do these monsters also benefit from changing the lid to be more open?

Cheers :)

2. No chip to change like the old days, you need to do all your "mods" and then have the ecu mapped on a rolling road somewhere like CJS or BSD.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. any idea if I need the lamba sensors for that? Seems the systems don't have them.

Was hoping someone like @chrisw would pop on a say he can throw the Dp map on mine and job done!

#3 bradders, Sep 22, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Get the pipe drilled and lambda bosses welded in..... both pipes then get it mapped At Bsd individual cyls

or bodge it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Not sure a DP flash is bodging it...its what shipped with the 3k system ;)

6. Funny enough I was just looking at an Arrow full system and it only maps in the collector and not per cylinder. Which surprised me.

7. wouldn't get out of bed for a 3k system...

uploading a file through a ducati dealer is a bit more up to speed than an Avanti guesstimate through the post... if it turns up!

even the dealer stuff can be checked and improved on a dyno... you'll like this....... in its real world!

• Like Like x 1
  8. 1: you have 3 choices
    you can either
    a: buy an ECU with the maps you need installed
    b: send your existing ECU away to have the DP map flashed to your lots of places offer this @chrisw maybe can help?
    (If you are techie DIY flashing is also pretty strightforward with a 15 quid cable and GuzziDiag software) )
    c: get it dynoed mapped properly

NOTE: with options A and b you will stiil need to reset the TPS (guzzidiag can do this too) and at the very least set the co2 trim , balancing the throttle bodies is also sensible so taking i in somewhere is in order

2. its Euro III so it does have a lambda/O2 sensor in the exhaust, if you just pull it with stock ECU you will get an EOBD light. on the DP and custom maps the lambda is switched off

the DP maps were made with the open airbox lid and washable performance filter (like K&N), so yes. but the open lid does make them harder to tune

#8 funkatronic, Sep 22, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. anything other than a dyno with a proper operator is just guessing!

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Def get it custom mapped as it will give you the best result for performance, fuel consumption and all round rideability. Re lambda, talk to whoever you choose to go to before you book it in and discuss what you are looking to achieve and what they can actually do for you. I used BSD a few months ago for mapping after fitting a 70mm system to my 1098 and was very happy with the results, I got a full explanation of what had been done and why at the end of the job. Booked it in for a Saturday morning and it was all done while I waited in a couple of hours. Price wise it was £220 which might sound a bit pricey to some but for 2hrs of an experienced dyno operator/technician who genuinely knows what he's doing to give you a well sorted bike I think it's fair value.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. 220 is a good price for a bespoke map

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. ON your DP maps loaded by a dealer note heres a V4 special ie 1100 motor same as base and S, versus a v4R 998 motor.....from 7000 up to 11000 the special is up to 20 hp up on the R.....its not really until you go on a 1000 revs beyond the special that the R exceeds its power...

but if you can see the AFR ratio lines at the bottom both are very rich.. the R is running under 12/1 at peak revs when it could go on to 13/1 ... loads more power to be had on both with a proper tune!

Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 15.32.31.png

• Like Like x 1
  13. You will never beat a custom tune.
    As a base you could load the DP full system map 96517906B. The lambda will be disable and can be removed without MILs on the dash.
    As the ECU is an IAW5AM your second hand supply is better. The ECU can be virginised and left virgin should you ever want to part out the exhaust/ECU at a later date.
    PM me if you need help.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. My 848 cost £500 and thats what I'm expecting, hence starting with a flash model and see how that goes

15. Stuck that ECU into beat and comes back with equal results of fiat and Ducati...will the Fiat fit?!

16. feck sake..... just get and do the right thing......get one sent to chris and virginised then loaded with a base map......i can probably find a spare one here if you are that desperate........

ride out to BSD they can load whatever you want and change it on the dyno still cheaper than 500 quid

17. I know, heres my Evo with DP map then custom map.
    IMG_0785.JPG

18. Ah the jhp red crayon if I’m not mistaken...;).

19. you're mistaken...poor obs

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. No I’m not..... I remember you going to Cjs still the jhp red crayon..

Do Not Sell My Personal Information