1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sad News

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by ducati dad, May 28, 2016.

1. Bad start to the IOM. :(

2. I hate that, bad news all round

3. Always sad to see this sort of thing, and it is such a reminder of how fragile life is. Having raced in years gone by and seen a few tragic incidents it is a very sobering reminder of what could be.

So sad RIP.

4. Very sad indeed. We're over this Wednesday for a week. Hope all goes well. We marshal as well, so our thoughts are also with the marshals who were also injured.

5. So very sad
    thoughts go out to all people affected

6. Not been a good few weeks. They've just announced thar Luis Salom's succumbed to the injuries he sustained in moto2 practice earlier :( rip fella

7. Was watching practice and had a bad feeling once the camera showed him being treated .
    Rip

8. Tragic loss. Rip
    He was on track while we were at cartagena last year. It was some spectacle.
    A gifted racer..

9. What the hell happened? Another bike involved or scenery? Thankfully with all of the run off and air fences, it is rare nowadays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. They didn't show the crash at turn 12 but he was laying about 6' from the air fence, may be hit it and bounced back?

11. Crikey. I'd have thought the air safe would make things pretty safe unless the bike got there first and moved or pierced it.

12. They've included the f1 chicane for the rest of the weekend (turn 9)

13. And this at t12 [​IMG]

14. So sad to hear this news. Apparently the bike followed him into the air fence badly with obvious tragic consequences.

15. They've basically stated that because it's a Tarmac run off, with no gravel pit, there is nothing to actually slow you down. Both he and the bike scrubbed off little speed before the fence.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information