1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sailed Through Mot

Discussion in 'Monster' started by wadesnj, Jun 17, 2019.

1. My M1000Sie passed with no advisories today, so made up for the shitty 60 mile round trip in the pissing rain to M&P in Swansea today. This was after extensive jet washing to remove mud and cow shit from our lane. Summer? Hah! IMG_20190617_103659.jpg IMG_20190617_125130.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  2. Typically we "know" our bikes will pass, but its always a good feeling!

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Yes, despite the fact that I checked all bulbs, tyres, brakes etc. It was still a nervous watch! Not sure those MOT viewing areas are such a good idea, the tester did a very thorough job, looking for leaking fork seals and rear shock seal, headlight alignment, wheel bearings, head bearings etc. Don't think I've ever watched a whole test before. The computerised brake roller test was interesting

4. I don't know what the numbers on the screen mean, but it passed the roller brake test! IMG_20190617_105428.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hi , I’m emigrating to Swansea from a Cape Town next week . My 2012 Diavel Carbon Black will arrive early April. My aftermarket carbon pipes no baffles and very loud . I’m really concerned about MOT as we don’t have that here . Any advice please.

7. £20 note taped to the ignition key when you drop it off :p
    It'll be fine as long as 'not for road use' is not visible on the pipes, they are more concerned with a rear reflector.

8. otherwise maybe see if I can get baffles fitted or inexpensive new end can

9. At my last MOT (I have standard cans) there was a Monster with Termi's which sounded awesome, the tester never blinked and when I asked him he said 'no problem with loud pipes as long as no markings' :upyeah:

10. Thanks , what does “ no markings mean” ?

11. Many pipes have "Not for road use" or Racing Only" etc stamped on the exterior. So pipes that don't have that are generally fine, but those that do... are typically changed back to originals once a year for the MOT!

12. Dremel tool is your friend :D or sticky tape if carbon :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. 30 Miles to your nearest MOT station, do you go the scenic route?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. After having my BMW pass a brake test on it’s laughingly called residual braking as the ABS had decided to die I wouldn’t be putting that much faith in that. When I rode it back they were truly shocking.

Is there any reason your main live and earth cables are exposed they way are? I not OCD but that would play with my Melon man. Not trying to shame you bud.

#15 DucatiScud, Mar 13, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
  16. Had a MOT on my monster today and they didn't even start the bike up . Turn on the ignition to test the horn, lights etc. Happy days .

17. Not a good mot in my book, you need it running to check fuel leaks , exhaust leaks ect ect.

18. They are Exact Start cables and are noticeable because slightly longer than stock as used a kit intended for a different bike, but close enough. And a lot thicker than standard. Starting is much better. From Stu - @Exige on here. Have been faultless.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Not for me I actually want them to find a defect I'm not perfect and won't spot all problems. It's why I pay the fee even though at the moment there is no requirement with this crazy exemption in place. Got 2 to MOT this Month 1 next Month.

But if you're happy then all good.

20. Waiting on my bike I brought with from South Africa , cleared customs nearly 3 weeks ago . Then I have try register etc

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information