1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sammy Miller's Italian Day On 5 July 2020

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Pete1950, Jun 30, 2020.

1. The Italian Day at Sammy Miller's Museum, New Milton, Hampshire has long been fixed for Sunday 5 July. Apparently it is still ON.

https://sammymiller.co.uk/

I am planning to ride from London (about 100 miles). If anyone wants to meet up at the Fleet Services southbound petrol station at about 9 am, they are welcome - it's about 60 miles from Fleet to Sammy's via the M3 and A35. Traffic may be very heavy this weekend, so don't expect to set any speed records.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. The website has confirmed that the Italian Bike Ride In will be taking place there on 5th July. No parking in courtyard but there will be a reserved area in the car park for Italian bikes.
    Next to the wheelie bins perhaps?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Threads merged

4. hey Pete, I wouldn’t mind joining. Where are you leaving from central London? I’m still finding my way around and haven’t had time to fit the Garmin I’ve bought. Cheers

5. I plan to set off from E6 around 7.30 am and ride via Tower Bridge, Vauxhall, Chiswick, Twickenham, and the M3 to Fleet services by around 9.00 am. After petrol and a break I'll head down the M3 to Southampton, M27, Lyndhurst, A35, to the turn off for Sammy's.

Weather forecast is looking good. Heavy traffic is to be expected, so I'll probably take my 450, for easy filtering (so I won't have a satnav but I know the way). To allow for people maybe starting from all over London area I suggested Fleet as a meet point.

Return journey I was thinking A31 Winchester, Alton, Farnham, Guildford, A3 to Wandsworth.

You could take your Garmin in your pocket. If you get lost, get it out, boot it up on its internal battery, and see which way to head; turn it off before it goes flat. Or you could just take a paper map!

6. By the way, I am guessing the police will be out in force this weekend. So best plan to keep within hailing distance of speed limits, if you hope to keep your licence.

7. There was a dark coloured, 3 or maybe 5 series BMW Tourer on the M3 southbound between Basingstoke and Winchester this morning which had little blue flashing lights in the rear window and was in the process of pulling a white van man, who I suspect was speeding, this morning. I believe all the speed monitoring vehicles that were borrowed by the East Sussex force a week (or two) ago have now been returned to their rightful areas so Hampshire is likely to be at full strength this weekend. A favourite spot for the Partnership vehicle is over J7, at Dummer. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Nice plan. Keep you posted. I’ll see how quali goes on Saturday for the F1 GP and if there is a possibility for a good race, that has priority for me

• Like Like x 3
  9. Hoping to catch out the dumb and dummer.

10. Weather forecast for Sunday is fine dry and sunny, but with a brisk wind from the SW.

11. shame i cant make it, i like sammy miller's and a catch up would be cool.. hope you enjoy the day and look forward to pics.:upyeah:

12. Isn't this an oxymoron, it's been a good while I've watched F1 though to be fair.

13. Was weather watching to make a late call and see you there, but just agreed to go look at another bike instead....

14. Quali was a real disaster unfortunately

15. Just checked BBC weather for Sunday...... damp start with 35-45mph winds

as I’m up by Oxford I will see what it’s like first thing, hope you all have a good run out if I don’t see you

16. Not far for me so I’ll see what the weathers like in the morning and might pop along?

17. Weather turned out to be fine. Turn out was also pretty good. I didn't see Sammy himself this time though. Lovely rides there and back through the Hampshire countryside by circuitous routes on my 450 single.

20200705_112114.jpg

20200705_112134.jpg

20200705_112308.jpg

20200705_113453.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  18. Looking a lot quieter this year.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information