1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sat 15 July

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by bradders, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Meet Bodkin House, Dunkirk (on the Stroud/Bath road I think) 0930 and run south to the coast, ably lead by @t3cn

Add name if coming, I'm travelling from Glos thru Stroud :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  2. I'm at work :(

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Whats the postcode please as I might be up for a leisurely rideout.

4. Bugger !! Back on shift, work tomorrow. :(:mad:

5. Petty France, Badminton GL9 1AF

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Damn. I'm doing IAM RoadSmart taster sessions at the Helmet City open day, or I'd be there.

7. Well worth doing the IAM training & gaining the police accredited pass. @bradders, I'll be joining you for sure, taking the fosse-way down.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Have considered it. Been out with Mac, he thought I may do ok. Not sure I can be that disciplined tho...

9. I stated in the previous social night at IAM coventry about 1st pass to the police-examiners & how people are basically 'acting' very sensibly compared to (not quite) how I usually ride. And that I wasn't complaining as such but I did feel a number of people were behaving rather more sensibly than they usual do.

It's one of those fickle things about them trying to coax members to re-do the test too achieve a 1st. I'm just not bothered one iota about re-spending cash on it or trying for an even higher level of riding standards that are now available.

10. Just to add to this, route we are taking is down to the coast via Bath, Frome, Shaftesbury, Dorchester and then Bournemouth.

Then back via New Forrest, Stockbridge and Marlborough.

@bradders thanks for posting

#10 t3scn, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  11. Lads, if ya'll in the forest around 5 and my shift is done, feel free to pop in for a brew and a bacon Sarnie :upyeah:

#11 Wayne58, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Why did I think you were Worcester way?!

13. Not sure mate, live near lyndhurst and cadnam area, but used to live in telford many years ago when I was in a previous job. :)

14. Sorry gents working tomorrow.

15. Have a great ride out today, and mind those horsies in the forest, shit loads out near the roads this time of year :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  16. If you're going from Bournemouth to the Forest, then Chrustchurch, Lymington, Lyndhurst, Beaulieu and into the forest that way is quite a nice run. Maybe down to Leap Beach for an ice cream ?? Have fun dudes :cool:

17. Raining here light drizzle so textiles then.

18. No rain in the south, a bit cloudy but the sun is really trying to poke out :sun:

19. Well, interesting day!

Started with a DSS fault, that cleared when ignition off/on. Quickly followed by engine warning light when ai changed riding modes.

Power seemed ok, so rode down to meet @t3scn and @GunZenBomZ arriving 15 mixtures late in the rain and wet roads....

The at the bottom of the A46 it cut all power. So limped to Riders, sorted it, good to go :upyeah:

Fantastic ride following t3scn, it's a joy to follow someone fast and smooth especially on roads they know. Not sure my centre stand would agree ;)

I decided to give him a break from leading (I know it can get tiring) on a bit of road I had done before, don't know it but know it's fairly easy to read fast, and we had a bit of fun :)

All in all, awesome day out, and anyone who didn't go missed out :p

Thanks again Simon :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. And PR4s tested to the max :p

Do Not Sell My Personal Information