1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Sat Nav Advice

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by tyke65, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Afternoon all,
    I sold my GS but have kept hold of the BMW Navigator VI sat nav, On the BM it was hard wired in and fitted into the dedicated mounting, and could be operated using the wheel thingy on the left hand bar.
    Anyone any advice if this Nav can be used on the new 1260 or is it best to sell and purchase something different?

2. Ducati always give you an accessory power supply on the multi. Hook it up to that. Not sure exactly where on the new one though but others on here will know. Usually LH side, tucked behind a panel and wrapped in tape.

3. If you need a mount give me a bell. I have one to fit multiple Nav unit types.

8EF73E85-773A-435E-B7A8-FFFA951D4857.jpeg

• Like Like x 1

4. agree eleventy billion percent with Jamie and his products ... he and they are great.

• Like Like x 2
  5. They look great Jamie, I’ll be in touch in the new year

• Like Like x 1
  6. 236AE1A1-8DFF-4917-AB9A-8779BA0E6511.jpeg I think I found it on the new 1260! Is this it ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. The smaller, white connector with the wire tails is for the Sat Nav. The larger, transparent connector is for the hands free filler cap.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. I have the BMW Nav 4 on my Enduro, which i also sold my GS for :)

Yeah just wire it into the pig tail, with white plug, it will turn on and off with the ignition.

I used the PALMER PRODUCTS mount as this adds screen spacers\adjustment FWIW.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Looking to buy sat nav mount for a new 1260 enduro from Navihalter but they only list it a compatible for Ducati Multistrada Mod.2015>, MS Enduro Mod.2016> MS 950 Mod.2017> MS 1260 Mod.2018>

10. I sell them www.iconicparts.uk

548B433F-04E6-498A-9998-E5FCBDC5265B.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  11. What sat nav are you going to use ?

12. I can personally vouch for the iconic parts sat nav mount, Jamie's stuff is very good quality and fits well. I have fitted a TomTom 550 to mine....
    IMG-0253.PNG

IMG-0254.PNG

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tom tom rider

14. Yes there is a bit of vibration but it appears to be in the mounting on the Tom Tom rather than the bracket and mainly at low speed.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. The white one. Splice the ends and connect gps wires

Do Not Sell My Personal Information