1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Sat Nav Mount For Garmin Zumo Xt

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by dddd, Jul 19, 2022.

1. I know very little about this sort of thing but I'm hoping someone can recommend a simple sat nav mount that fixes to the center handle bar mounts

2. EvoTech is excellent. Two minute fit.

Just removed mine and replaced with a high level mount, only as I fancy using a tank bag and the Zumo is obscured when using a handlebar mount.

3. So you were using the evo tech handle bar mount, can I ask which Zumo unit you have as it looks to me the evo unit will only work on older zumo's not the XT

4. 100% the Zumo XT.

When you say it will only work with 'X', assume you mean the plate which attaches the XT to the Evotech?

Fits fine - unlike the OEM mount, which I had to buy an additional part for.

Unknown.jpeg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Thank's for that, was your one able to rotate ??

6. It rotates forward and back to gain your preferred position, but just the way it is made, there is a 'perfect' (for it) position which works.

It is very solid, with not a smidge of movement.

All I would say is it is 100% a distraction to glance down. I'm an experienced rider and tend to only use a nav unit now and again, so didn't want a high mount 'bugging me' all the time when not in use, but a glance genuinely takes your eyes off the road. If you are pretty dependent on a nav unit, I wouldn't mount it there, but I use it more for the spoken instructions - still can't help glancing though...

Plus, as mentioned, a tank bag blocks the view.

#6 Burnsey, Jul 20, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Personally I moved from a lower mounted one to the higher version and it’s a lot better to have a quick look on the move.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. The 1” ball RAM mount worked really well with a smaller unit (Zumo 395) but as has already been mentioned, if you want to use a tank bag, the sat nav screen is obscured, even with a small 5 or 6 litre Givi. Andy

9. If using a tank bag I agree, used to use a RAM 1" ball with my MV Agusta Turismo. A longer RAM arm isn't really an option either as the dash will then be, at the least partially, obscured. You also have to consider placement carefully to avoid contact with either fairing or tank bag as you turn the bars. High mount such as the EVOTech one is the best bet, brings the sat nav further into your line of sight too.

#10 Bumpkin, Jul 20, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2022
  10. A sat nav fitted to the bar mounts is not an ideal solution - IMO.
    At that level it will get in the way of any tank bag and more importantly will block the view of some information on the Dashboard screen, plus as mentioned you have to look down at the screen and not at the road ahead.
    The best solution - again IMO - is the Iconic high level mount.
    Iconic Parts
    Looks like they are back order at the moment however.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. It doesn't block any of the dash to be fair.

I liked it there, but didn't look at it, just listened to the turn by turn, but totally agree on it being a poor position if viewing regularly. Only swapped to the OEM high mount as I want to use a tank bag for an upcoming trip. Apart from the wiring, I would have both options.

12. I have the iconic parts high mount ... works well for me... high mount makes it so much easier to to use IMO.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  13. Thanks for all your replies, I have ordered the Evo tech handle bar mount, I never use tank bags so should be fine
    Next Question will be where to wire it into on the V4 ??

14. #15 Burnsey, Jul 21, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2022
  15. If it's for the V4 then there's a cable labelled "satnav" underneath the panel to the right of the dash.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I'd also recommend the Iconic mount for the Zumo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Iconic mount for the Zumo.+tourtech clamp

CLEAN BIKE 14-6-2022IMG_4040.JPG

NEW V4S MULTI FITTING SAT NAV OIL GUARDSIMG_7611.JPG

IMG_8643ducati new side bags deflectors  7-8-2021.JPG

18. Too much hardware for me with the Touratech cage thingy, but accept they serve a purpose.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Agreed. I went for a Zumolock, much neater.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information