1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sat Nav Mount

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Cooperman, Aug 14, 2019.

1. I have a Garmin Zumo 590 sat nav and the Ducati sat nav mount.

The 2 do not match.

I have tried Iconic parts for an adaptor plate with no joy.

Any solutions?

2. For my Enduro I bought just the end bracket from Iconic and fitted it to the main part of the Ducati bracket I had.
    I had to modify (straighten) the arms on the ducati bracket, as Iconics end bracket is wider, but other than that it works a treat with my 590.

#3 John W, Aug 14, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  3. There's a member on here called @Desmo Dave who makes the appropriate adapter bracket. Have this set-up on my 1260, needed to bend the arms on the Ducati mount a little further apart for this to fit but it works well.

Mounting a sat nav this way will result in the GPS flapping around bit on rough roads. All of this design do this; Ducati, Navihalter, Iconic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Thanks. I have messaged him.

5. 8FF10460-0303-427F-8154-423942F3675F.jpeg

I had the same problem, the chopping board in the kitchen came to the rescue.
    I chopped a piece out of it, drilled four holes to match the Ducati bracket and then drilled another four to match the 590, easy peasy lemon squeezy, worked a treat, I’ll take it off and take measurements if you like, got plenty of chopping board left...

6. I have successfully mounted and used my Garmin Zumo 590 on both the Ducati Performance GPS mount, and now using the Evotech Performance GPS mount. both work flawlessly, so I am not understanding what issues you are having.

7. I presume there is no Mrs Harper :astonished: ;)
    Thanks. DesmoDave has some brackets.

8. Thread moved

9. thread moved to where?

I cannot find it.

10. There is a Mrs Harper, she’s very understanding and supportive. I have since replaced the chopping board.

11. Has she got any sisters? :)

12. Bugger.......I can’t find it now :(

13. well, here's another fine mess you've gotten me into ...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information