1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Sat Nav Power Lead

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by BabyD, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Does anybody know where the other end of the GPS power lead goes to ???

can a replacement lead be ordered or would it be a case of “make your own”

2. The 1260 workshop manual is the unicorn of manuals. Never found in the wild as far as I'm aware. So unless someone has taken the loom apart, I doubt anyone will know.

I'd assume it just splices into the power loom as there is no individual cables for the connector on the battery it's self. So I'd think a replacement cable is night on impossible to DIY unless you're ok with ripping everything apart including the loom.

3. Thanks for your reply, my GPS power cable must have a break in the wire somewhere, as it give intermittent power, I have already done all the usual fault finding & the only thing left is the cable.

4. Check the small pins which are within the actual loom plug, which is under the left side removable nose/tank fairing panel.
    Slightly different issue but similar vein, my rear light was going on/off/on etc whilst moving. Tracked down to plug pin having moved out of its seating. Pulled it out, bent tang, put it back. All sorted.

• Like Like x 1
  5. On my older MTS1200 there is a connector on the left hand side kind of below and just forward of the knee area, end of fairing. I soldered it all in there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. There is a wiring diagram in the back of the owners manual, if you look it splices into the main negative at the front of the bike. The positive comes out of fuse box 2, there are several tap offs and splices along the way. Positive does go around to the power socket at the side of the dash so that is close. Negative could be anywhere on the frame.

• Like Like x 1
  7. before you go diving into the bike's wiring loom ... what brand and model GPS is this you are having the intermittent power issues with?

if this is a Garmin Zumo XT, I am willing to bet the issue is not with the bikes wiring loom/GPS power tank-off ... but with the Garmin's power cable ... they are known to have issues with the "pins" loosing contact, causing the GPS to go into "power lost" mode.

if indeed you have a Garmin Zumo XT, contact Garmin, and have them replace the power cable under warranty, with the new design connector that supposedly corrects the issue.

and, if you do NOT have a Garmin Zumo XT ... well, good luck with the bike's wiring loom.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I got a new lead for mine due to intermittent problems, there is also a slightly modified backplate for the Zumo which has a couple of small lugs, they sent me one of these as well. The new units come provided with this version

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information