1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sat Nav Waypoints - Ducati Dealers/service, Europe

Discussion in 'Touring' started by steveb123, Jun 10, 2019.

1. When preparing for a tour, I normally add waypoints to my Sat Nav route download for the nearby Ducati dealers / service garages. I thought I'd put them all together and add the missing ones based on the Ducati "Locate a Dealer" web pages. Well I almost wish I hadn't started as it proved to be a real pain, trying to find the address and then confirm in Google Maps that that the dealer was still at that address. I also added the independents from a Google Map created by input from this forum.

I created the Waypoints file using Garmin Basecamp and then used the Garmin POI loader to create a Points of Interest file.

As it's not possible to attach .gpx (Waypoints) and .gpi (Points of Interest) files directly to a post, I've put the files in a folder on my Google Drive. Use them at your own risk, as I've done the best I can for now.

Any corrections or suggestions for additions, please message me. I might have another go at checking and correcting the files in the winter.

upload_2019-6-10_12-38-18.png

• Useful Useful x 3
  2. Great job, thank you. Must have taken an age to put that together.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hi @steveb123
    I wanted to add these to my new Zumo XT Sat Nav.
    Can you talk me through the easiest way to do this pleeeeezzzzzeeee!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. I think I might have done it, I used the Garmin POI loader app and the .gpx file, not sure if this add the little logo as well?

5. The other option was to copy the .gpi file into the POI directory into the "Internal Storage" directory on the Zumo XT, when connected via USB.

I'm not sure the icon will be used on the Zumo XT.

6. It’s strange that the new XT isn’t showing up on my Mac desktop like the old Garmin used to, means I can’t see the drive to copy files

7. it does, if the BMP file has the same name as the poi file. I have just loaded them onto mine using the Garmin POI loader, and works fine, after some file renaming.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information