1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Sat Nav

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by gc6269, Aug 26, 2018.

1. I don't recognise the cradle mount, if that's what it is. To mount the normal cradle mount conventionally you need a RAM mount of some sort for your handlebar or other location. You don't need the cigarette plug power lead as the power cable will be wired into the OE sat nav plug located under the LH side faring panel, though it is useful if the sat nav is also used in your car. Then you'll also need the car mount, which is not included in the ebay listing.
    The Zumo 380LM is not the latest iteration, that is the 395LM (as far as I know though there may be a later one) which has a Curvey Roads feature the 380 doesn't.
    Just get a generic 395LM as it will come with all you need and you won't pay a premium for having Ducati written on it.
    Here's an example, you might find cheaper:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Garm...629545&hash=item25fc2cbb59:g:ENwAAOSw-2dbRfwo

#2 Coman, Aug 26, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Where do you want it mounted ?
    On the handlbar, on the handlebar clamp or Navihalter style on the screen adjuster clamp.

3. I’m not 100% sure, probably below the clocks.

4. If that's the case, be careful with your tank bag, if you use one that is.
    Mines above the clocks, as I prefer it a bit closer to my eyeline on the road.

5. For that much mullah, I'd buy a brand new 595LM & spend the extra £100 needed!

You could also call garmin for a 2nd hand aka reconditioned 595LM & all the mounting kit which comes with it. Just say a friend recommended you (garmin) as a great company.

6. So if I go with the 595, which is the best mount?

Above or below clocks.

7. It's down to what you prefer, I prefer it above the clocks just because you take your eyes off the road slightly less.
    But whichever you get make sure it's suitable for the model of satnav you have, e.g. The Ducati Navihalter type even though it's for a Garmin only fits the 390 not 590

8. I have a mint, boxed 390lm (curvy routes etc) you can have for 200 quid if that's any good to ya?

• Like Like x 1
  9. That’s a very kind offer, I just wish you’d posted it last night.

My Garmin 595 comes via Amazon today!

But thanks again.

• Like Like x 1
  10. That’s a very kind offer, I just wish you’d posted it last night.

My Garmin 595 comes via Amazon today!

But thanks again.

11. Just need to work out which mount I’m going to use.

12. Just make sure its suitable for the 595

13. That’s what I’m struggling with. I’d like a bracket that puts the nav above the clocks and ideally below the top of my PP screen.

Am I asking too much?!

14. I used a BikePenR, but sold to a chap on here, very nice little unit that puts it on the bar clamps

P1070710.JPG

15. No, there's a couple on here who have done it, theres pictures up as well which you should find if you do a search.

16. Stuff the sat nav. I,ll take the R8.

17. That went ages ago mate. ;)

18. Does the Navihalter place the nav below a PP screen?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information