1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Satnav, Bletooth, And Headphones

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by PerryL, Sep 14, 2018.

1. I have decided to try out listening to instructions from my TomTom rather than peering at the screen with a dark visor and the sun behind me, I found it a bit of a challenge in France.

I bought some Bluetooth in-ear headphone on Amazon and they work fine but do not stay in my ear when I put my helmet on. The normal earphones that you get free with most mobile phones are fine, though - and I prefer them as I can connect them to something in my pocket rather than having them fall on the floor when I take my helmet off.

I believe that devices exist that will connect to the TomTom with Bluetooth and have a 3.5mm socket for my cheapo headphones. This device would need to be battery powered.

I think that I have found such a device on eBay - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Convert-...th-Receiver-for-Audio-Hands-Free/192219288047

Anyone got any knowledge or experience in this field? I have zero.

2. Bought this:

upload_2018-9-26_16-52-51.png
    Works well with my TomTom rider. I use the cheapo earphones that came with my phone. Works well.

3. Thread moved

4. I’ve used those sorts of things in the past and they’re fine. Prefer my scala system now as no faffing around with wires but whatever works.

I’ve also used them connected to amps to give phone connectivity.

5. I modified my headphones by setting them in mouldable silicone and they exactly fit my ear. Bonus is that they act as ear plugs. Got the silicone off eBay.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information