1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 R Sc Project Exhaust Fitted

Discussion in 'Monster' started by Furyous, Aug 17, 2016.

1. I'm not completely sold on the look of the Termi exhausts. There aren't many alternatives on the market, but I did like the look of the SC Project Carbon Oval exhaust, particularly as it doesn't obscure the rear wheel and tidies up the back end.

[​IMG]

#1 Furyous, Aug 17, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 9
  2. That looks absolutely stunning! Often the best complement is by saying that it looks 'factory designed' which is what I would say for this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Does it affect the feel of the engine, is it crisper?

I have asked for Termis but TBH if I can go street legal but noisier than the originals with an option for lots of noise for half the price I may be tempted.

4. Nice !!, i have something very similar on my Multi :)

5. that does look very smart :thumbsup:

6. just need tail tidy now :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. What is the difference between the oval and conicle ? Any idea other than sound from what I can read, this is looking more and more tempting by the minute, more money for Evotech stuff :grinning:

8. Looks Cool. I have Termis and I love them. Also has the option to put the DB Killers in. Have you done anything else to it.

9. I don't know. The conical is probably a bit louder because of the smaller can.

#9 Furyous, Aug 17, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
  10. Thanks for posting.
    I've had my eye on this can for my 1200R - I don't want to go with termi's as everyone else seems to be fitting them.

Interesting that you've not had the bike re-mapped to suit. I emailed SC Project and got a reply within a couple hours saying, and I quote
    "Is better the re-mapping, to have more power" (obv read with an Italian accent).

I also emailed Akrapovic to ask if they had plans to release anything for the R. Their reply was simply "we don't release any information on products in development. As soon as a fitment is being made available news will be published on our website"

One things for sure...I need to make my mind up because those standard pipes are 'kin ugly.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thank you for that, and bringing this to my attention, @380 it is definitely worthy of consideration, I rode the demo with Termis on so no base to compare to other than my 821 which has Termis and is louder than the 1200R with Termis.

No remap on the cards ATM I guess as the encryption for the latest Monsters ECU has not been cracked - yet!

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. I wasn't that impressed with Termi's as all the YouTube videos you find don't give a great representation of any exhausts in my view. So, I was looking at other alternative like the SC.

BUT I heard a set of Termi's on a 1200R in the dealers and that sold it to me. Yes, they are expensive and need the ECU changes, but I've heard fuelling is even smoother afterwards.

Get mine fitted on Saturday.....time will tell if it was the right decision

PS - Get the EVO Tech tail tidy - I've posted the fitting on this forum.

13. Looks the nuts ! rather have one of those than a over priced Termi .... not saying the Termi's are no good its just your paying for the name and the connection with Ducati & Termi's ....

• Like Like x 1
  14. I'm tempted to try this tail tidy. Not because it's cheaper, but beacuse it's less bulky than the R&G / Evotech parts. Maybe some Rizoma indicators with it, since the originals won't fit.

#14 Furyous, Aug 18, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  15. Think you'd have to get aftermarket indicators, as the standard ones would be too large

16. That's what I said :) Maybe Rizoma.

17. Also had to order a pair of Ohlins-fit C-spanners to adjust the rear preload. Not impressed that they don't come with the toolkit.

18. Fantastic looking bike and the SC looks great. The plate holder looks a bit long though and you have binned the bmx reflectors. Bike needs a few maintenance tools, it's not a biggy, you got an ohlins.
    Lovely bike, and the best swingarm.

19. TBH that tail tidy looks a bit meccano to me, I have an evotech on the 821 and looks very smart, all cast and fits into the look of the bike. The 1200R is different otherwise I would be swapping it over.

About to push the button on that SC exhaust, did you make any enquiries about whether a remap is necessary? The site states no power box required and the encrypted ECU means no popping along to your local Dyno for a remap. That would be my only reservation, although I believe general rule of thumb is for slip ons no mapping, full system remap (or rejet as was the case last time I did it )

20. Do they do an sc project crt for the Monster? id say that pips it just about on looks and would obsure the wheel even less...

Mark F: Have a word with CJS - I think he does a remap for yours...with other added benefits also.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information