1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scooter As A Winter Hack

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Mzungu, Nov 9, 2018.

1. I'm keen to keep the Pani inside in the worst of the weather, so I'm thinking of running a cheapish scooter as a winter hack/commuter give it's a bit too far to cycle to work.

I'm just looking for a reliable cheap-to-run bike, Fowlers have the Vision 110 for £1800. Anyone used them? Or would you just get a 2nd hand job for under a grand?

2. 2nd hand won't owe you so much when the salt eats away all the shiny bits :bucktooth:

3. 2nd hand-job...under a grand....try down Old Market way, I’m sure you could get one there. :D:grinning:

4. I had a vision 110 for a couple of years as a commuter bike . It was great, fast enough, decent brakes and amazing fuel economy . £12 road tax too.
    Good fun also in it's own way, ride it leg out super moto style.
    Just be careful of decking out the center stand when really cranking it over, TBH I only did that a couple of times when chasing bigger bikes .

5. I’d get a crashed one. Bit of battle scarring.

6. 06B28939-D5BF-47AC-B863-D3212F8B319D.jpeg Try one of these, no worries about decking out the centre stand, just watch out for the outside mirrors.

• Like Like x 2
  7. I have a Honda 2012 SH125i (16" wheels) that I've had from new and its brilliant for commuting. Light, narrow, great MPG and some weather protection. Honda do brilliant scoots. The Vision would be perfect as long as there arent too many dual carriageways.

RBW.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Whats your route?

9. Route is up through Brislington, the centre and then onto Filton. So stop start the whole way with bus lanes.

10. Over the spine road?? ( was just trying to think of alternative routes ) - Knowle here...

11. Keynsham. If it's nice I have the ring road or further out. Can also hit the A37 but straight through Brislington is pretty quick. Just as long I avoid Temple Meads!

12. Why not round the ring road...? much quicker...

13. Yup. It is. UWE dependant obv.

14. I had a Honda Dylan 125 4 stroke scoot for a winter and town use, found them great as you didn't need to full kit up. Even rode Clacton to Croydon down the A12, M25, over the bridge and all the way around to junction 4 m25 into Croydon, a hoot. Steady 50-60mph top speed and dead reliable

15. Well I picked up a new Sym Jet 4 in the end. I didn't want to spend Vespa money and the cheap Chinese imports are rough as the proverbial.

Being Taiwanese the build quality looks ok for the price... It's a mighty 125cc and good for 65/70 on the road. Downhill. With a tailwind.

Obviously I'll be riding it in my Dianese race leathers. Safety first...

• Like Like x 1
  16. let's have a photo with bins please.

17. I had a piaggio 250 rev n go,did 80mph,cost nothing to run,would have another,paid £900 for it and sold it for the same 3 years later

18. A question for Robarano..........just maybe:thinkingface:

19. Just bought this

F5195A2A-9744-472F-B0D6-DBEFCA311480.jpeg

20. That's just mega:p

Do Not Sell My Personal Information