1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Icon Scorpion Remap Needed?

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by Mark9, Sep 22, 2017.

1. I bought a scorpion silencer second hand today, the 6 facet, serket one, I contacted Scorpion and they said that there was no need to remap , baffles in, baffles out, baffles and flute out, they said there was no need to remap in any configuration, does that sound correct to you?.

2. I've not used Scorpions on a Ducati, but both myself & a mate had them on Suzukis (mine was a GSX1400) and neither bike needed a remap. Sorry I can't be more helpful, someone else may be able to comment on the use of Scorpions on a Ducati.

3. Sometimes a bike doesn't need it, depends on how it runs after fitting. I had a Hi - level Scorpion can on my 1200 Bandit many moons ago and it ran fine without any need to remap.

4. The fact is the Cat is still there - so the system breathing has not been dramatically changed - as the cat is the major back pressure in the system.

So you should be fine

But if you are worried try fitting a Booster Plug made for the Scrambler - it makes the bike think the weather is cooler by around 20 degrees C and so the bike compensates for the cold air and fuels slightly more.

I have one on my Standard Icon and it seems to help the jerkiness caused by lean running. (Standard Exhaust)

6. fitted the exhaust earlier, took about 15 minutes, IMO it sounds much better, deeper and louder but not offensively loud, more like a motorcycle, less like a sewing machine :), and it's got that Ducati "boom" on the over run which is great , no difference in performance, maybe slightly less snatchy at low revs, hard to tell, overall I'm very pleased with it.
    PS I was surprised how heavy the stock exhaust with cat was, Scorpion say their unit is 4.6kg lighter.

#6 Mark9, Sep 26, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  7. It might run a bit lean, that was the information that led me to cough up for the Rexxer remap, depends how many miles you do and how hard you ride it but the Rexxer seems to add a decent glob of midrange and makes the whole job fun.

8. Yes, that's my concern, I think I'll arrange to get it on the dyno and check out the fuelling, I'm not far away from Sam Ermeleko and he only charges around £30 so it won't break the bank, I was out again earlier and I'm pretty sure it's less snatchy at low revs, that would almost suggest it's running richer low down whereas you'd expect the opposite!, I'll get it dynoed in the next couple of weeks, it will be interesting to see if it really does add a couple of bhp de-baffled as Scorpion claim .

9. Quick note for anyone thinking of buying one, I've tried the various combinations of flute and baffle fitted/not fitted and found fitting both seems to give the best performance (almost identical to that with the OE set up), leaving out one or the other appears to reduce low end power/pick up just slightly, it still sounds much better than OE and carries the same weight loss advantage within a few grams of course.
    I've asked Scorpion to send me dyno results of the torque in the various combinations, whether they do so is up to them of course.

10. Holy crap, this forum does my nut in!, every other forum I use you just copy in a link from photobucket, not this one!
    Just had about 20 attempts!, anyway if you google ducati scrambler scorpion and look on images there are loads of examples

#11 Mark9, Sep 29, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  11. I usually just upload a file and put my pictures on the forum server. If you use the right image tags you should be alright, however Photobucket has recently changed its mind about allowing you to link pictures unless you pay them money. So not strictly the forum at fault here dude.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Here's the 21st attempt then

13. IMG_1442.PNG
    Oh yeah!, easy really isn't it , thanks.

14. 0495A0B5-40E2-4F13-8541-84111911E5F8.jpeg Had the bike dynoed at CMC, they said it was fine re mixture, tending towards lean but nothing to be concerned about, they said all the new Yams they had dynoed (they are a Yamaha dealer) were similarly lean.
    Note, the max bhp is measured at the rear wheel, Ducati measure it at the crank for advertising purposes, add 10% to the rear wheel bhp and it’s approx 73bhp which matches Ducati’s claimed power, although I’m sure they initially claimed 75bhp?, must’ve gotten a bit more honest since the VW debacle!.

#15 Mark9, Oct 20, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
Do Not Sell My Personal Information