1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scotland In Oct

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by bradders, Sep 19, 2016.

1. will it be that bad weather wise if I fancied a few days riding the coast road west-east?

2. Yes, of course it will - it's Scotland.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. @finm one for you bud :)

4. almost definitely. east usually good west not so. but as i was reminded yesterday and i am sure you will agree, once you are out in it it doesn't really matter. nice time of the year for the scenery and smells if you get the weather, but the leaves will already be in free fall. especially in the east .

5. For all the times ive been up to Scotland on the bike ive only been caught out once or twice and that even with different times of the year...

6. Thx so maybe head east instead.

7. If your going up the A9 by any chance try-en avoid it from perth to inverness it riddled with average speed cameras, ive been told youd be fine but there is one that pointing to rear of your bike around Tomatin

From Perth up the A93 to Ballater is a nice road, ive been here with the Scottish Ducati Club one time Francis takes lifelong obsession with motorbikes to the red line - Deeside Piper and Herald

#7 Rebel, Sep 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2016
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. I find October is generally wet and windy, not a good combination with the leaves falling from the trees. Plus point is there are no midges.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I have a few days to kick back and get away from it all. Looking at 4 incl 2 days just 'getting there and back' And never done Scotland Not sure I can be doing with wet and windy tbh.

Part of me thinks balls just book a chunnel and head down the french coast...

• Like Like x 3
  10. Alps is calling :) (probably chucking it down there as well!)

11. If that was the case I'd do s france but not looking to spend much money, as I wont have a job ;)

12. @bradders Sincere apologies, just as well I'm not a weather forecaster. This october has been glorious weather wise (west coast) and have been out more on my KTM than during the 'summer'! Global warming is here I tell ye!!!

13. Thinking of heading up there tomorrow and doing the route 500 if I can organise myself and find some B&B's en route

14. yip. its been absolutely glorious bar two or three days. amazing. :smileys:

15. Carradale looking over to Arran. Loch Fyne in particular looking stunning and the scenery all the way down the A83 was gorgeous with the low winter sun over the hills.

IMG_0181.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  16. I take it that by "glorious" you mean it's not been monsoon weather conditions, just normal rain :)

17. nope shorts and t.shirt weather, scortchio.
    [​IMG]
    come in july and august every year despite the best advise of the locals. what kind of choob would do that? :Angelic::smileys:

• Like Like x 1
  18. One that doesn't use a picture in front of the Sydney Opera House to try and tell people that Scotland doesn't get bad weather. But I know different as this was this years trip to Jockland at the beginning of July

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information