1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scott Redding In Bsb

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by duke63, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Looks like he is proving all his doubters wrong. Would love to see him win it at Brands.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 2
  2. He’s been showing class since day 1

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. And all ding bats that was saying wait till he gets to oulton and caddy he be back of the pack lmao

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. He even managed to get it off the line pretty well today.
    in race 2 his racecraft was world class warming his tyres like that. Very cool thinking- the sign of a confident man.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Top job looks like he can be champion. Hope he can take it to Rea in worlds next season

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. I'd love to see him on a Duc at Moto Gp in 2021 :splat::heart_eyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Can you imagine that full circle return to motogp with back to back wins (BSB/WSB) and then chase down a motogp title:thinkingface:

• Like Like x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
  8. He isn't at that level IMHO. At best he’s tier 2 (6-12th)

Would love to be entirely wrong tho, and with the confidence from his riding this year (and fingers crossed in WSBK he wins the title and his form continues) and they give him a bike capable of winning MGP. He’s young enough

#8 bradders, Oct 7, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. He might be more hungry this time around & let's hope he keeps building that winning formula,after all said and done he's a British rider.:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Disagree, he was very immature and hated his Aprilia. That then led to him not enjoying riding and so on so on.
    I reckon if he gets back to Mgp on a decent ride we could see something amazing. That bike control he's been showing on our tracks at home after a life time in Spain and Portugal you can't call him anything other than a special talent.

• Like Like x 2
  11. his Pramac Ducati was a decent bike

12. Only Stoner could ride round the Ducati's flaws and it was a 800cc
    Redding was close to beating Marquez in moto 2 on equal term bikes
    Like to see him on a good moto gp bike

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  13. Redding has always been one of my favourites to watch , British or other wise..
    I think he's a great talent and would have loved to have seen him on a factory duc.
    He has an entertaining riding style, appears to have a great work ethic and despite sounding a lil sth London gangsta is a funny dude..
    I know of a few people who have met him that think he is a twat but can't we all be?
    He comes across as being a lot more honest/ genuine and humble than Cal that's for sure ..

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  14. One thing is for sure he would have done better than Petrux on that factory Ducati given that the cheating Italian robbed Redding of a chance on the Factory bike and Redding's career in gp never really recovered from that.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Well they say cream always rises to the top. He's come out of MotoGP and shown BSB riders what he can do. He's got another opportunity next year in WSB That should be interesting.

TB

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. I really hope he gives it to Rae. After all that ‘knife to gunfight’ nonsense and his team still moaning, even 2 rounds ago, about Ducati advantage when they’ve had the best bike in the paddock for years (speed end for sure), as a bike racing fan it grinds my teeth a bit

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Marquez and Redding were in Moto2 in 2011 and 2012. In 2011 Marquez won 7 races and came 2nd in the championship. Redding came 15th with a highest finish of 5th. In 2012 Marquez won the championship, winning 9 races, whereas Redding came 5th, with a highest finish of 2nd and four 3rd place finishes.

Redding is a very good rider, but he’s not at Marquez’s level. Superbikes probably suit Redding better due to his size (16cm taller and 13kg heavier than Marquez). He’d be better off being a multiple times WSBK champion than a multiple times MotoGP also-ran. In the long term it’s better to be Jonathan Rea than Cal Crutchlow.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. We can't have Jonny winning a seventh title can we:thinkingface:a great achievement for an individual sportsman:upyeah: but not so good for the WSB championship.IMO

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Boring tho, isnt it... we need a different champion every year, or more often as not, IMHO or it just gets dull. Winning 7 tittles at the last round would be more acceptable (as a fan) than several rounds to go. For the rider, I’m sure Rae lives wrapping it up so early, as I’m sure KRT do.

• Like Like x 1
  20. That's why the British format (BSB) is much better because we don't know at this stage if it will be Scott or Josh as the 2019 champion.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information