1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scottoiler Advice Please?

Discussion in 'Sport Touring' started by broadie, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Hi
    Has anyone any suggestions as to where I should mount my scottoiler?
    Thanks broadie

2. I'd hide the oil reservoir where it can't be seen. I've got a pro oiler, as it got a electronic pump I mounted mine to the trellis frame under the left fairing. I them routed the oil dispensing pipe to follow the clutch fluid line down to the slave cylinder then drilled a hole in the front sprocket cover to feed the oiling tube inside the sprocket cover. I then fixed and positioned so it dispenses oil via the front sprocket much neater and works perfectly with virtually no fling onto rear wheel.

3. Normal Scottoiler, res is mounted on the near side trellis behind the side panel on both my STs.

Can't be seen.

4. Thanks guys
    Went for the option on the trellis just below the side panel in the end as.
    Didn't have a lot of tubing also this means that I can monitor that it's working ( being old odd bits ) and if I find the lube tube it can go in behind the side panel.
    Scottoilers always seem to run on setting 2!
    Cheers broadie

5. The Scott Oiler on my 4s was inside the left rear tail panel. Mounted almost horizontally on the frame rail. It worked fine.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information