1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Scottoiler Installation

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by MacShot, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Hi,

Can someone installed V-system on DVT ?
    I was in touch with guys from Scottoiler, they kindly send me a picture of the vacuum pipe as well as all pipe system.

I was visiting the dealer today and have asked couple of techs and guest what ?

They said: NO NO do not use it V-system, you don't know if the pipe is not a fuel line etc. Obviously they truing to keep business I tha hous .

What I want to confirm with you guys is did you experienced any fault alert on dashboard or something.

From my understanding vacuum circuit doesn't have any influeac6on performance or ECU or so.

Will appreciate the advice.

Thx

2. Oops I did it ;)

Will little disaster in the mean time but I did it.
    Works well- so far.
    I'm worried about high temperatures and delivery tube but we will see.
    Please see attached pictures.

20160604_132139.jpg

20160604_132154.jpg

20160604_132134.jpg

20160604_132129.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. @MacShot is that a dual or single feed in the picture ?

4. Single:)

5. If that's the case @MacShot shouldnt the feed go onto the centre of the chain rather than one side of the sprocket (just wondering that's all). I know nothing about Scott oilers.

• Like Like x 1
  6. That's the Scottoiler recommendation.
    Oil is spread on the sprocket and centrifugal forces redistributing oil on the chain.
    As teeth of the sprocket have conical shape oil will dropped around the center of the chain.

I hope this sounds about right.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Looks neat, good install!

Was looking at my bike last night, and it seems like the pipe you have to insert the T into looks a bit like fuel line, and it goes off and plugs into the side of the cylinder head. Is that right? I'm just a bit nervous before I cut it!!

I'm thinking about designing a little heat shield, as it seems a bit wrong having it resting up against the coolant pipe. I might see if I can 3D print something...

8. Funny you should bring this thread up to the top as I need to fit the same system to mine at some point in the next few weeks :)

9. I've ordered the T-piece and a new plastic elbow for the vacuum hose, so should have those in the next few days. I'll likely attempt an install next week. I might see about making something to put the reservoir in so it's protected from the coolant pipe. Have been trying to find an excuse to make something on the 3D printer at work, so this could be it!

10. How strange, I've spent most of the day fitting my Scott Oiler!
    I went for the X system one.

I've mounted it on the carbon canister and threaded the tube and cable up behind the relay cover, under the seat, down on the RHS coming out on the top of the swinging arm. I joined it to the thin pipe her and routed that with the other pipes and came out under the swinging arm. The nozzle holder bolts under the chain rubbing guard. Once the hugger is back on it hides all the fixing.

The only thing I'm not happy with is the position of the lower oil feed so I might look at relocating it onto the frame.

Pictures were taken whilst I was working out the routing, before I put everything back on and tidied up.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Although my bike is the newer 1260, on an 18 plate, I've also fitted a Scott-Oiler, but in a totally different route, which is far less obtrusive/obvious to that you've chosen and doesn't get anywhere near fuel lines, or for that matter extreme heat.
    Clearly, oil line route choice is highly individual and I am absolutely NOT being critical here, as I opted for the X-System, which is simpler to install.

I've got a variety of photos if anyone might be interested, however, one genuine word of caution here, with my preferred route choice, you need to be really careful with re-fitting the "made from cheese" allen key headed bolts, particularly with the cable protector that runs over the swingarm and attaches on the inside face of the swingarm behind the back wheel!!! :poop::poop::poop:

I'll say no more other than to remove the one I managed to shear, has cost me circa £125 to fix o_O:broken_heart:

12. I installed the Cobrra Nemo. It's a hydraulic system and I fitted the reservoir to the barbuster fixing.

13. my Nemo 2, thats all... 20180517_191034.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  14. I've only ordered new bits to suit the Multi because I took the Scottoiler off my Monster - and another Multistrada prior to that! I particularly needed the T-piece to splice into the vac hose - the one that looks like fuel hose.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. And I sincerely trust you sorted out that disgusting swingarm and those god awful cable ties that as they are pictured, are highly unlikely to fit under the hugger, once you tried to re-attach it!
    Knowing you as I think I do, I believe the answer to all of these questions is: "You know I did"...…...:eek::sob:

• Like Like x 1
  16. hat's wrong with just oiling your chain guys? You spend shitloads buying this crap systems costing hundreds of pounds and they don't deliver the oil where it's needed and you have to clean the chain first before you can lubricate it anyway otherwise you are pouring oil on debris. and most people never top the bloody thing up anyway and they only have a small resovior so no use for a 3000 mile tour so what gives?
    Can't see the point of one, as the chain is just as important as my tyres and I inspect every day or two to make sure that it is good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Chain and sprocket life has been proven to be extended x2, x3 by many people who use them. I had one 20yrs ago and it did a good job on that bike, thought i would give one a go on the multi given the price of replacement items.

18. Chains are cheap, especially the standard versions that Ducati fit around £60. I make chains and sprockets last 20-30000 miles if looked after.

19. With no centre stand and the crud catcher fitted I've always found it a PIA to oil the chain. Various fellow riders took me to task about not oiling regularly when on tour so I thought I'd give one a go especially when Tony and I got a good deal at the bike show. I'll see how much of an improvement it is...

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information