1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1100 Scrambler 1100 Luggage Options

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by Steve Martins, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Hi,

I own a Scrambler 1100 Special, which I love but I want a decent luggage solution.

Having searched for a good luggage solution, my current situation is that the SLC frame is ugly, and the panniers rather wide for little storage, and prevent a rack/topbox frame being fitted. I ended up fitting the ventura frame with a sports pack/rack which looks nice and discrete, doesn't upset the look of the bike (this is important ;-) )

Also I bought a GIVI universal plate and kit so I can swap out the pack rack and mount a GIVI trekker dolomite or outback top box for more utility when required.

But... I want panniers as well, so I am designing a frame (that isn't hideous!) that is compatible with the GIVI DLM30 Dolomite side panniers (which will also fit the universal GIVI plate and one can be used as a smaller top box). Fitted, these will be the same width as the handle bars and give me the flexibility to set up for anything from light pack rack to full top box and panniers for some serious touring. One slight additional requirement is an auxiliary set of indicators mounted on the number plate support bracket as the standard ones are obscured by the panniers.

So, is this set up something other people are interested in? I will post some 3D CAD models later this week, and hopefully get some quotes for the frames to be manufactured soon. It would be good to get an economic quantity ordered if there is sufficient interest.

Or, have you found a better solution that you want to share?

Thanks,
    Steve

2. Here are a few renders, pannier placement, frames and handlebar clearance (the final solution will also have a cross brace)

tourer1.png

tourer2.png

tourer3.png

3. I'll be ordering the prototype this week, in low volume I should be able to make them at £100 per side, you will also need an adapter kit, which is approx £20. If there's sufficient interest then I can make them cheaper. Let me know if you're interested and once the design is proven I will be taking orders.

4. Interested, had attached top box to hepco frame but must have been too heavy as bolts sheared... so will explore Ventura frame but would like givi panniers too

5. I just strapped a Kreiga US20 to the back seat. And I'll be doing the same when I do the NC500 next month. Sorted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Well here it is guys, final result of my custom pannier frames. They use the Ventura top box frames as a mounting point, and are very solid.

300783948_10159009201800976_4464181533423236819_n.jpg 300519901_10159009201735976_3801973822436298619_n.jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information