1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Desert Sled Scrambler 1100

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by Robarano, Nov 4, 2017.

?
  1. Likey

13 vote(s)
    44.8%
  2. No-Likey

16 vote(s)
    55.2%
  1. Starting to resemble a Van Van more than a Ducati. Too heavy and clunky from the original design brief of a light agile bike. Reminds me of an overgrown Grom.

#2 Topolino, Nov 4, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Dislike the exhaust and tail tidy intensely and they would be the first things to go. Andy

3. It's an atrocity not a leak :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. At least it’s not yellow.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Yes, now it's dull grey instead. Here are some additional pics.

x04-1509796977--ducati-1100-scrambler-images-leaked-13.jpg.pagespeed.ic.FuPZal7Qjs.jpg x04-1509797031--ducati-1100-scrambler-images-leaked-2.jpg.pagespeed.ic.qNiWJlb0GF.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. looks fantastic, maybe silencers are a bit big but apart from that I think it looks great, easy swap out on those though , I have an 803 but I can see it being traded for one of those next year!, classic scrambler looks and more power, what’s not to like :) I’ll test ride one first of course but I’m guessing it’ll ride very similar to the Monster 1100 evo, it’s a hit with me.
    PS with any luck the seat and suspension will be better on this one, guess it will be a few more pennies though!.

#8 Mark9, Nov 4, 2017
  7. Parts bin exhausts from an M696?

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. The current 803cc scrambler seat and suspension are fine unless you're a lard arse. Fact.

9. So you struggle with it then? :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. it’ll be interesting to see the full spec on the 1100, weight, suspension adjustable?, have they tuned it for torque or bhp? that sort of thing, I love my little scrambler now I’ve made a few mods to it but trying to get more power doesn’t really seem worth it in a “bang for buck” sense, as an old friend of mine used to say, “there’s no substitute for cc’s”

The Monster 1100 is around 100bhp, 102nm torque and 188kg wet, if they match or better that it should be a great machine.

#12 Mark9, Nov 4, 2017
  11. It looks like a big chunky kinda bike. Call me old fashioned but I like the traditional Ducati sleek and light style. Each to their own but there won't be one at my house.

12. Wouldn’t want to live near one let alone at my house.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Wouldn't be allowed on my estate :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Maybe buying ones the cure for riding a bike in London and not getting hijacked.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Back is 1100 monster and not good imho

16. You own an estate? :eek: I might have known. :)

[​IMG]

17. No likey - but then i never liked the scrambler either....just looks like a bloated version of that....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information