1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Icon Scrambler Issue. Help Please

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by Nemer Kharroubi, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Hey all. New owner of Ducati in general, of a 2015 Icon 800 with 1300 mi, fully annually serviced. Rides awesome, absolute torque beast, but yesterday while riding downhill an ABS error along with Check engine lights came on. Speedo became intermittent.
    So far: checked, disconnected and reconnected battery and voltages all good in idle, start and under revs.
    All fuses checked, all good
    Took both abs sensors off cleaned and reinstalled. Tracked the rear one to the swingarm plug, disconnected and cleaned same shite.
    I DO NOT have a Ducati dealer where i live (on an island), and will try to sort it of possibly without taking bike abroad.
    I have a feeling its the rear speed/abs sensor, but wanted to see if anybody else had experienced this fault before.
    Also, if i get a new sensor, will i have to reset the codes or will it eliminate automatically?
    Thanks in advance.

20190720_111014.jpg

2. The symptoms are exactly what you will get with a failed rear speed sensor - no ABS with dash warning and no speedo. Intermittent suggests the cable is broken internally.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. check all the connectors, especially battery and ECU one's... check nothing is loose.

4. I have checked all connections twice.
    The shop am sourcing the sensor from (Ducati) tells me they are the same front and rear, is it for sure the rear one only reads speed??

5. Thanks buddy that's what i wanted to hear. Although it is 130£ the ducati shop tells me the front and rear ones are the same and both read speed? Is that correct?

6. Both front and rear sensors are the same part no. 55212121B. I'm fairly certain that only the rear one affects the speedo reading. Either way, if you need a sensor swap the rear one first. If that doesn't fix it swap the front one.

7. Great thanks. Thay's what ill do.
    I take it, it doesnt need a code reset? Should the fault disappear on it's own once the right sensor is installed?
    Thanks a lot.

8. Once the sensor is changed the fault should clear.

9. Cheers. Will update

10. The only new finding i have is that the resistance of rear sensor in OHMs is 480. Not sure of the normal.value, and whether it is the culprit

11. Compare it to the front one...

But not sure this will tell you if it is working or not..

As suggested - swap front and rear and see if the issue changes.

12. Does Ducati recommend metering out the sensor?
    Surely it's a hall effect device and needs a dynamic tester.... not a multimeter?

13. Check all the connections on battery. Once forgot to connect a lead. Similar symptoms.

14. The only quick google i found was a similar multistrada sensor, and that was discussed and recommended. No further technical info. Having it scanned by an indy friday.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information