1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scrambler Pics

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by mattmccabebrown, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Post all your Ducati Scrambler pics here. Old and new all welcome

2. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. 004.PNG From the internet.

5. Don't know how tall that guy ( you ) is but makes that Scrambler look like a 125 !! how small are those bikes ?

6. Here's mine;

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

;)

#6 Dukedesmo, Nov 10, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 7
  7. DSC03440.JPG DSC03441.JPG IMG_1384.JPG
    I rather like it. Maybe in a few years.....

8. Test ride just before placing an order for a yellow one. 20150122_115903.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. @jerrycan - What about giving us a write up of your test ride experience? :)

10. OK will do but I'm not sure this is really my forte.
    Bare in mind I was testing this in France on a beautiful sunny dry but quite cold day. I had about 40 minutes to try it out, the shop closes for lunch at 12.00 sharp and they don't re-open for a couple of hours! (gallic shrug).
    I was the first customer to test it and it had all of 17kms on the clock, so no revving it's tits off. The good news is there is no need. The midrange is tremendous around the 4k mark it responds like an angry terrier chasing a cat.I guess the light weight contributes to this but I reckon it is all about the torque curve. I would love to see a dyno chart of this bike. (I spent nearly 10 years operating a bike dyno so I'm sad about stuff like that). The throttle response is particularly good, by this I mean there is no snatchiness (not sure if thats a word) that you can sometimes get at low revs/small throttle openings, and the throttle remains linear as you open it up. i.e. the more you give i the more it goes.
    I usually wear earplugs when I'm riding but deliberately left them out so I could get the full acoustic experience. The exhaust has a definite V twin Italian sound to it without be objectionable however I can imagine a lot will consider it to be too quiet. What you do get on large throttle openings is a lovely deep induction roar, kind of took me back to being a child when a family friend took me for a spin in a Mk1 Lotus Cortina!
    The gearbox just did what good gearbox's do, never gave me a moment when I thought "whats going on here then" the action was smooth and light and although I wasn't out for long the ratio's seem well chosen.
    You may be thinking that I'm just going to wax lyrical about this bike and not find a single fault, wrong, the suspension is a bit on the hard side. I think it is a case of being over-sprung rather than a damping thing, but I would have to spend a bit more time on it to be 100% sure. However it's not a deal breaker, I could easily live with it but I think I would address it maybe after the summer.
    The handling felt sure footed and flickable, there were some damp patches on the road and I did want to take it back in the same condition I took it out in so didn't push too hard. I got a good impression that the whole thing works well and would only get better with a bit of suspension tuning.
    The only adjustment I had to make was to "soften" the front brake lever, it was set on number 4 and I prefer the lever to come further back to the bar and setting it to number 1 was spot-on.
    The riding position was for me just right and I have to say the mirrors are possibly the best I have had on a bike for many years. I'm so used to seeing my elbows that I have developed a kind of synchronised movement of move head/pull elbow in, and it took me a few of these movements before I realised that it wasn't necessary.
    I had decided before I was halfway through the test that I was going to put my money where my mouth is and duly ordered one.
    Mine, Yellow icon, is due for delivery in April, can't wait!!!

• Like Like x 11
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. I think that the picture of you on the bike would have been better with the Duke dealer in the background rather than Dafy :), but thanks for the report. I would love to go and ride it but I know that I would order one and I have no room for any more bikes at the moment. If I tested it then the wife would too, and she costs me a fortune in bike shops, she is after a Monster 1200 at the moment!
    If we ever get any dry weather over the next few days then I'll pop into Perigueux on the bike and have a look at it.

12. I think you have to blame the photographer for the picture to be honest!
    ps don't ride one unless you are prepared to buy one IMO!

13. Sounds fair to me. My wife takes all the pictures too, but she is better than me with a camera.

14. Quite like this one, nicked from Instagram...

screen-capture-2.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Reminds me of a late '70's Yamaha TT500 :upyeah:.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Roll on April...

image.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  17. thats the best one ive seen yet. i think the exhaust is better on that for a start. still not my cuppa as they are but i think could be modded to something cool starting with the seat department.

18. Quick update on my order, managed to jump the queue, mine is at the shop right now and I get it next week. Just in time for my birthday! Yipeeeee.

• Like Like x 5
  19. nice one mate! early is good! you must be buzzing

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information