1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Scrambler Rear Tyre On The Multi??

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by vikram, Jul 26, 2017.

1. hello

was looking at taking the multi on a trip to Leh, lots of off road sections and am currently running on M7RRs. with the absence of the scorpion trails in India does anyone have experience with fitting the scrambler 180/55 rear tyre to the multi?

thanks

2. My FT wrecked it's back tyre in 3000mls would think a Multistrada would wreck one in double time

3. hmm, you were on tarmac or off road?

4. Bit of both mainly road the std Scrambler tyres are a very soft compound
    Have a look on the Scrambler forum tyre wear is well covered
    The Multistrada produces twice the BHP and conciderable more torque than the Scrambler

5. Isn't the scrambler rear a 160?

6. The FT is 160 not sure what other sizes are available

7. The Classic is too so I'm guessing they all are.

8. The original Scrambler models were really just a cosmetic exercise

9. Mine is 180 / 55 / 17

IMG_20160410_165308.jpg

10. Maybe it is a 180........I cba to check:)

11. Just popped in the garage and checked they are 180 tyre on the FT & Cafe Racer still think the Multistrada would wreck the Scrambler tyre in no time if you could get one to fit

• Like Like x 1
  12. have found a old scrambler 180/55 tyre, going to try and put it on and run a few miles with it to see how it lasts

13. The Multistrada rear wheel has a 6" rim. A 180 section tyre is usually fitted to a 5.5" rim so you would be stretching the bottom of the side wall to make the tyre fit a wider rim. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Hi Folks,
    happy to report that the Ladhak and spite trip was completed successfully on the multi, a total of 6300Km in 15 days. the highway stretches of pune to
    simla and the return from IMG_20170903_102619.jpg IMG_20170903_102619.jpg manali to pune were about 4000Km. rest was mostly offroad gravel, stones, mud, sand, snow and river crossings ( actually 118 crossings, yes we counted)

I used the M7rr I had on to get to delhi, as I wasn't sure that the scrambler rear tyre would survive the fast highway journey. and swapped to the scrambler rear before moving on.

The tyre did really well on and off road, had zero punctures or tears and the bike was planted at the back. the front was another matter especially on the ice and snow that we got on the 5000m passes.

eventually I returned to Pune on the scrambler rear tyre on, and so after about 4300 Km the tyre is still in good shape with a 3mm tread left on it.

The other multi that we had along was on the stock Scorpion trails, which were shredded halfway through the trip, with 5 punctures in it. we had to pump it up 3 time a day, we finally fitted my old M7rr on it at Leh for the return journey.

thanks every one for all the help.
    Some pics are attached

cheers!

• Like Like x 2
  15. more pics to follows as soon as the internet picks up:)

IMG_20170831_105428.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  16. F... me, I went from Srinagar to Leh 30 years ago in a rattling bus going over the 5000 m passes and thought this was never going to be possible on a Ducati...
    Hats off!

• Like Like x 1
  17. looks like not much has changed in 30 years as the roads go, ducati building better bikes??
    cheers!

18. Well done. At last a multistrada that got used as it was advertised as. Glad I,m not cleaning it.:p

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information