1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1100 Scrambler Recall

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by aero, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Ah, the classic no warning fatal fire risk.......

Let’s hope this is an international recall. Otherwise I’ll be rather paranoid!

2. Got my re-call letter this morning for my 2018 1100 Sport.
    Not sure when its going to get checked with all the local dealers shut due to lockdown, but had a look and the cables don't come close to each other, So not too worried.

3. Just received my recall letter just now. I’ll book it in next week when the dealer is back to work.

4. I’ve just had a thought ......I’ve got a full termi system on mine so it won’t apply :)

5. Got a full Termi on mine but the servo and cable are still in place, are yours fully removed and do you need a aftermarket sensor to fool the ecu?

6. Don't know. I'll ask the dealership next week.

7. Just had a note from the service manager on Messenger saying "I am certain you remove the motor & cable because you have to change link pipe"

But he can double check next week

8. Mine goes into the dealers tomorrow, They are going to check ecu to make sure the up-map was done and let me know if the servo can be removed and go into the box with the standard exhaust, never to see the light of day again.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Got my recall letter today for my 2020 1100 Sport.

10. Just spoken with the service manager at Ducati Manchester and also swapped a couple of pics showing what could be the problem and if mine had already been dealt with.

Basically when you take the seat off, if the “purple cable” is still there (see pic below) then that’s the problem and it’s needs to be seen to.

E9167E67-260D-4176-A2AA-5C5AC4036566.jpeg

However, if the cable has been removed like the following pic (and my bike) then the recall doesn’t apply :)

30424861-F3E4-4D2A-9610-B55CA752DED5.jpeg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information