1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scrambler Seat

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by Ace, Jun 11, 2016.

1. I have started to use my Scrambler for a daily commute to work it's all A406 east london to west london so it's all traffic with lane filtering and zillions on traffic light but the distance is only 24 miles!
    I have to say this is the hardest seat I have sat on a motorbike its getting no softer and it got to a point where my ars is getting pins'n'needles (like when your sitting on the toilet too long) and its affecting my hands there going numb especially my thumbs.
    Anybody got any ideas, has anybody else had this problem?

2. Yes. I also found the seat to be very firm, not helped by the harsh suspension. Last autumn I fitted a Matris rear shock which was a big improvement. This past winter I fitted Andreani fork cartridges and a gel pad to the seat giving a huge improvement all round. But if it's just the seat you're finding hard a gel pad would be a good start.

3. so can I just remove the seat cover buy a gel pad carve out some of the seat foam then refit the cover?

4. That's what I did. There is a thin plastic membrane over the foam, be careful you don't tear it as it is the waterproofing.

5. If you look in the accessories bit they do a 'comfort seat' now, just over £200. I'm sorely tempted to try it...

Ducati Scrambler

6. i'll check it out it's a bad design in my opinion and should be looked into by Ducati its ridicules I cant go on a ride over half an hour in the seat!

7. The comfy seat is a bit better - but does not solve the issue - buy a Sargent Seat - they work!

I have tried all 3 - and now with the Sargent the ass pain is gone...

8. Those Sargent seats look quite smart, albeit a bit more expensive. Did you get the solo or pillion?

9. I purchased the Duo - I am a big (fat) guy and wanted the extra space for my ass. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Must be your backside. I rode all the way from Arrochar in Scotland to home (4.5hrs) and didn't have a problem.

11. Eltoro

With the amount of complaints about the seat - maybe its your backside - made out of the same material as the Avatar? :)

12. I can't speak from experience of using one, but the Airhawk seat pads look as if they could be a bit more economical if you can get away with a smaller size. It might be worth asking these people whether they know which one fits the Scrambler:

Motorcycle Seating | Complete Seats | Seat Cushions | Bykebitz

13. Well I have never been called fat arse in my life maybe that's why Lol:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

14. Two new Scrambler owners ride happily away from their local Ducati dealer...

image.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. I've fitted the seat from the Italia Independent to mine and it's much better. Leather to. Along with a couple more, I've also supplied a couple of Flat Track Pro seats to customers who have welcomed the relief :)
    Different angle to the DP options and not much difference in cost.

16. Must be my backside too or you have a seriously solid ar5e!
    I had a Scrambler courtesy bike for a few days while my Multistrada was being serviced. In the end I asked them to lend me something else that I could ride for more than 20 miles without my sternum hurting so much I had to stop and get off.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Just taken the plunge and ordered a solo Sargent seat!

18. Not in stock at the moment so probably won't have it till late in July, but this be it...

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  19. Just occurred to me that I've now bought a different seat for both the Scrambler and the Hypermotard. Not sure what that says either about Ducati seats or my arse.

20. First run with the Sargent solo seat fitted this afternoon and confident that a sore arse on the Scrambler is now a thing of the past. This seat is way comfier than the original...

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information