1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scrambler Tyres

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Gingernuts, May 15, 2018.

1. Hi All
    My FT is due some new tyres soon, it's done 3k6miles and had an advisory at MO teatime. Any ideas what the best bang for buck is? No off road other than the odd campsite field but would like something that looks the part.
    Thanks in advance.

2. thread moved

3. When I had mine, I had two sets of MT60's before I opted for Metzler Z8 Interacts. I never really took the bike on anything other than a gravel road and the odd campsite like you.

WHAT a difference. The MT60's must be very stiff or perhaps just heavy, the bike felt much smoother after. Did a lot to reduce how harsh the standard suspension was.

The Z8's were also much quciker to turn but still much more confidence inspiring mid corner.

I sold the bike with them on, still looked great after 2500 miles, profile remained very round. I used to get 3500 from a rear MT60 before it was toast. I liked the look of them too, minimal tread. Suited the Full Throttle I thought.

You're mostly limited to sport touring tyres with the 18" front making things awkward. It's a bit vain but I find a lot of them look a bit fussy. The Pilot Road 3's tread pattern for example, ew.

4. What a great informative post. Lots of useful info, I'll have a look at the Metzelers
    Thanks again

5. Avon Storms fitted to my wifes Icon this year they look good and she reckons they are an improvement on the standard tyres that she managed 4500 miles on, the Avons have done over a 1000miles and still look like new, cheap as chips at £180 fitted ride in ride out.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information