1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Seat = Lower Back Ache.

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by MrACD, Nov 2, 2021.

1. Got a 2015 DVT, 1200s Touring, coming from a 2011 Multi S.

The 2011 seat was great, nice and soft and most importantly - flat.

This 2015 is angled and on my 36 miles commute a day starts to hurt my back. Got Europe next June and thinking 'oh no'.

So, it's a standard seat and in the low position, I have ordered the spacers to put in the higher position, does this flatten the seat out at all?

I am open to getting another seat but don't know where to start, it's difficult without being able to try one first.

Any recommendations? - If it helps I'm 6ft and 13.5 stone.

2. go comfort seat

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cheers, I take it that it flattens the seating position out?

4. MrACD. I know what you mean, you get pushed into the tank by the sloping seat.
    The raised seat doesn't solve the problem of the sloping seat. If you are brave you can do what I did and you end up with a flatter, more comfortable, seat, and very much less expensive than a replacement seat.
    I fit the raised seat spacer kit, but first cut the rear spacer blocks flush, as low as you can get. I cut mine off with a hacksaw. Not pretty but nothing is visible when fitted. That had the effect of the seat being higher at the front and lower at the rear.
    You will end up with a small gap between the front of the seat and the tank. To fill that gap I bought a strip of generic car door seal with a sticky tape backing. But more importantly, you end up with a seat that isn't constantly trying to crush your nuts. I have ridden thousands of miles, and sometimes hundreds of miles a day (750 miles being the most) with no butt or nut problems.

DSCF4712.JPG

DSCF4711.JPG

DSCF4710.JPG

DSCF4714.JPG

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Speak to a local auto upholstery company. They’ll not only advise but will do a cheaper job too I’m sure :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Had my Enduro seat modified, much better now, no more pushing me forward. Cost 90 quids.

7. The Touratech/Ducati Performance comfort seat was the solution for me. Pricey and only available 2nd hand now. Alternatively as ET says above, get someone like Tony Archer to remodel the seat you have.

8. I got a 2nd hand Tony Archer seat and have to say it’s the mutts so far. Only done one decent stint on it so far but was ready for more and that wasn’t the case with the stock seat.

I am intrigued about this hacksaw business tho :thinkingface:…am still canted forward despite the softer gel etc.

9. When I modified mine 4 years ago I checked first on the price of the spacer bars. They were only around £12 so nothing much lost if you don't like the result, but I think you will.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Great thanks, will have a look into doing that. I think the seat itself would be ok, if flat!

11. If you're ever really serious about comfy seats on any bike, go to Archer, Sargent or Corbin.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Does anyone do a heated seat ?

13. The Touratech seat flattens out the profile. I had one on mine briefly but ended up taking it off, cos it also adds height and made it awkward to get my feet flat. That aside, they are more comfortable and absolutely do not push your nads into the tank anymore :D

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Sargent do one from memory but it isn’t cheap and uses the OEM seat as a base.

15. Inflatables can so easily be adjusted to wherever you want. Easy on the gluteals. And keep the OEM seat like new.

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. Ouch... £645 for heat and then to install it, which I thought would be a given, but they charge £75 for it.

Would still love one though ..

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I have the V4S with heated seats and have not used then yet, I find the heated grips and a Warm-n-Safe heated under layer is plenty enough for me and I feel the cold :cold_sweat: .

• Like Like x 1
  18. Test rode a V4s a couple of weeks ago. It wasn't a warm day, something like 7-8ºC, I tried the heated seat on the lowest setting and it was far too warm after a few miles and I had to turn it off again. If I rode a lot in cold conditions it might be useful but TBH my hands are the only thing to feel the cold and with decent gloves, handguards and the heated grips on my 1260 I'm more than happy.

#19 Bumpkin, Dec 4, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
  19. I wanted a heated seat hence finding the Sargent one, as I was commuting big distances all year round - I don’t commute anymore - but I got a keis heated vest as I still like riding all year, and it has been more than enough, have to balance that with the fact I can stop whenever I like when I’m not commuting in fairness.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information