1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

998 Seat On Ebay

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Wooly46, Dec 3, 2017.

1. If it is it’s cheap. They’re about £220 new. I’ll have a look at mine tonight when I pop into work and compare the numbers.

Ian

• Like Like x 1
  2. #3 Android853sp, Dec 3, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  3. Yep this is mine. If someone could clear it up I'd be most grateful. I'm being driven mad with conflicting messages. I bought it along with some other parts from a chap who had a 996 Foggy Rep. He told me it was a spare. He was an honest bloke only selling up because of the onset of Parkinson's which meant he can't ride anymore. I've no reason to doubt its authenticity but I don't really deal with this series of superbike so no expert. However I've had quite a few offers on it. :)

4. The part number doesn't really help as all the seats seem to have the same part number despite the top covering being different. The seat I have is more of a good quality light weight foam pad adhered to the underside rather than material stretched over padding and stapled on the underside.

5. I'm trying to rack my brains where the suede like material covered seat pad I had on my 748sp came from and it's just not coming. As you say the underside of the seat looks a lot better finished. Without the particular knowledge, in all fairness you can only describe the item as how you have been led to believe in all good faith. Lets hope one of the Foggy Rep owners on the forum chime in before the end of the sale. FWIW I'd take it at face value. Andy

6. I have two seat pads here both same part numbers but one is a suede covering, the other is as you described a foam type pad. The base hasn't had any staples or glue on it as if a covering has been removed, so I'm sure it came this way new. I'd be interested myself in what I have as it was just sold to me as a race seat.

7. Just spoken with Craig and my memory is poor, the lighter grey seat was vinyl so black is the right colour for the 916sps Foggy rep which was the only model to use the Technosel seat pad. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information