1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 Seats . Which One Fits What ?

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Mr Tea, Jan 1, 2021.

1. I’m 90% sure that the 1098,1198 and 1098R seats are all interchangeable but better to ask before buying.
    I have this on my R model and it’s awful in both it’s condition on the underside and hard as a plank.
    Advice welcome, and thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. That is the Ducati Performance seat.
    The best seat, imho, is the Superpole seat. Harder, taller, more grippy, and more sculpted.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. All the seats are interchangeable.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks guys.
    As for the superpole seat doesn’t look easy to find on google so might have to settle for a standard 1098 seat in the hope is is a tad more comfy than what I have at the minute.

5. The superpole seat is the only seat to have on a 1*98. It is surprisingly comfy over long distances considering its firm. The OEM gives you monkey butt and the race seat is just as bad. I toured with the SP seat no problem.

6. any seat will fit from the family, 848 1x98. Right now you have the "track" seat, its basically a board. anything else will be softer.

7. Ok , thanks.

Does anyone know if the superpole seat is available nowadays ? If not its standard seat by the look of it.

8. Sadly the superpole seat was discontinued several years ago but they do come up on eBay very occasionally. Andy

9. Ive been hunting one for months and either it sells in minutes or they want an arm and leg for it. I see someone was selling one yesterday for less than new, and it was snatched up in minutes... I know someone in Australia asking $400! lol so yea, lets keep looking and maybe we both can get lucky.

you can also go with saddlemen or sargent seats, they are the soft comfy ones

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Just managed to get a super pole seat on eBay after looking for a YEAR ... hope it’s worth it

• Like Like x 2
  11. I wouldn't go back to the original :upyeah:

12. Outbid , but for £251 I’d want it to be made of gold and wank me off whilst riding. I’m not bitter at all.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. If I don’t like it I’ll resell it

14. I have a super pole seat on my 1098. While it is absolutely great for riding, as a short arse (5’7), it makes stopping/manoeuvring a bit more tricky as the seat is a bit taller than the standard seat.

15. Give me first dibs then, I’ll start saving now! I’m 6’2 so I could do with a boost.

16. #20 theskitz, Jan 30, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information