1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Security Cam

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by jack999s, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Is there any pretty canny priced small security cameras that pick up on movement and maybe send alert to mobile phone etc??
    Nothing fancy im after as im sorted in that department,

Cheers Jack

2. Wireless, wired, poe?

What's the movement for, is it covering a specific are such as a path or door? The reason I ask is that movement alerts are set off by numerous things, even with sensitivity settings. I now don't bother with alerts on my phone but can look bakc at the time line for the movement flags.

I'm currently running Realink RLC-420 5MP cameras running off poe, all around the outside of the house. They record to a CCTV NVR and also to Micro SD cards in each camera as a backup. Quality is good as is the night vision.

This is the HD image from the driveway.
    Driveway_live_1559724580081.jpg

This is a view of all 4 cameras. I also have a different camera, not showing, which is the doorbell camera.
    Screenshot_20190605_095408_com.mcu.reolink.jpg

#2 JH_1986, Jun 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  3. That's pretty high tech you have there,
    All I was looking for is one for inside the garage looking over the front half of the garage/ doors, Maybe a self contained unit if its available, Can be run from a power supply

4. That model I use can be run that way. Micro SD card inside for recording, motion alerts to your phone and you can set the alert area. They are about £65 on ebay.

If the garage is small, quality doesn't matter too much as everything is close and a £40 amazon one will be fine.

5. Perfect that's what im after, Will have a look and get something sorted, Thanks for that buddy, The garage isn't small, around 40ft x 22ft, When it give an alert can you log into an app and see whats happening?

6. Yep, certainly can. This is the playback section if the app. Each blue bit is movement and you can scroll along and select the clips.

Screenshot_20190605_104549_com.mcu.reolink.jpg

7. This is exactly what im after, Got it ordered, Thanks again for that

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dont forget your micro SD card. I went 64GB

You close to your router for ethernet? It's not WiFi but presumed you read the spec. It uses ethernet for the network connection and 12v plug for power, or power over ethernet with an adapter or switch.

#8 JH_1986, Jun 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I run Digoo DG-W01F and DG-W02F cameras. They record onto Micro SD cards and are ONVIF IP cameras, so need a WiFi connection. The phone app is easy to use. Digoo push for you to take up their cloud storage account but you are not obliged to take it up. Mine also record onto a NVR as well. The footage is 720p and are really good quality. I picked the cameras up for sub £20 each from Banggood. I too have switched off the motion detection alerts.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information