1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seized Exhaust Valve

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by T500, Feb 14, 2019.

1. The valve in the exhaust has decided to seize I've read all the stuff on the forum and I'm still confused
    The bike a 2017 DVT can I just wire the valve open and will it throw up a error
    Will a healtech servo eleminelem sort out any error light

2. Yes and yes, but if it’s still under warranty, I’d get it sorted before it runs out.

3. Warranty ran out 2/1/2019

4. What he said.

5. I have disconnected the cable from the valve, packed the cable with grease, opened the valve inside and fitted the DUc-EE eliminator and all is well.

If I can be bothered soon I will put a small balloon over the cable end to keep the grease in and away from the exhaust, you could simply remove the valve flap as well.

6. Good luck on removing the valve flap....It is nigh on impossible unless you cut the entire exhaust apart. Leaving it open is the only way.

7. Thanks for the response being a mechanical idiot were Ducatis are concerned what's the best method of wiring the valve open

8. That’s a pain.... worth a quick ask about goodwill, but if not then the healtech option is the easiest. If the valve is seized open, then it’s unlikely to move, but you can lock wire it to be sure.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information