1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Seized Lever Adjusters ...

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by john clelland, Jul 14, 2021.

1. well ... stopped in at my local Ducati dealership and had the service manager take photos/video/information on the seized lever adjusters.

once the service manager submits the claim to Ducati Ever Red we shall see if they approve the replacement of the two levers under the bike's extended warranty.

and yes ... I pushed the levers forward before trying to adjust them ... and I even sprayed them with penetrating oil and let it soak in for 24 hours ... still seized.

and further yes ... the adjusters worked perfectly when I purchased the bike, and set them ... now just over 3 years later, seized.

and no ... none of the other bolts/nuts on the bike are seized.

and further no ... I do not live by the sea, or in a climate that promotes rust.

a few other Multistrada here in the states have had this same issue with the lever adjusters ... anyone in the UK/EU have the same issues?

213133815_10221020637211537_2845060006841794840_n.jpg

2. Common problem and when you think about it, to be expected. The levers take the brunt of all weather. I ride all year round in all weathers so regular lubrication and turning the adjuster is part of my routine maintenance. When you have the chain lube in your hand, takes 30 seconds. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  3. Steel bolt encased in an alloy body... never a good idea.

I fitted Evotech... life is so much simpler now...!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I prepare to be shot down, but I think in UK id get laughed at for taking it in with seized lever adjusters after 3 yrs. No disrespect. Its amazing they are considering it. Well done. X

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. why? if you paid to have extended warranty on the bike, and a part fails... why would you not claim it? and if a dealership laughed at you for brining it in, they are wankers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Approved by Ducati on my 3 + year old 37k miles 1260 S, No disrespect ;) but if you don't ask you certainly don't get, mine's at Nelly's tomorrow being changed due to corrosion, along with a couple of other warranty issues, surely that's what warranty if for, or am I missing something.
    Anyway glad you were prepared :laughing:.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I stand corrected.x

8. Same here, day 1 upgrade.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information