1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Selling A Car Abroad Advice

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dirty Leeds, Jan 20, 2020.

1. so I’m looking at selling the car abroad (possibly) as these are very limited and are a premium abroad ie €25,000+ I see you just advertise it fill in permanent export part on v5 etc then arrange transport or the buyer does

Anybody sold abroad? Any bad experiences? With vehicles

5A52203D-EA7D-4EB2-A6BB-C644F2A0D1C8.jpeg

7B6E2EB4-6D9F-43BB-A928-2D2435C13169.jpeg

B9A56AC5-D6BB-4472-94D3-5C9EB8099480.jpeg

2. When you say abroad are you talking about other Rh drive countries?

I’d imagine finding your buyer would be the most difficult thing. Just like any other sale.
    I’ve imported cars and bikes and as you know exported bikes. Not difficult, as you say just fill in the form and let Swansea know.

I know a good car delivery guy if it’s going to Europe but would they be interested in Rh drive? Why not drive it there and fly back anyway? South Africa, Japan and Aus is a different matter though.

Looks nice n clean. Good luck.

3. Sold a Alfa to a guy from Eastern Europe ounce he flew over paid cash and drove it home !

4. Cheers Sam

5. Hear lots of these stories, thing is in Germany old wrecks are a fortune compared to uk, all enquiries are coming from abroad Belgium Germany Greece Spain France so they are not scared of right hand drive so I think sod it I’ll give it a go it’s going live in Germany today

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I see loads of trucks with trailers on the M2/A2 from Romania and other Eatern Block countries. Often in convoy.

All have UK plated cars on them. There must be money to be made for them.

7. I've seen this more than once

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. My car is 5k here it’s 10,750€ in Germany negotiable interesting to see if anything comes of it should be on mobile.de later today

9. Do you think they turned the van on it’s side and drove in?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. When I've seen it done, it's been a forklift lifting them in

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. I worked with a chap who drove a high spec passat back to poland. He had the dash, loom, steering rack, front door switches etc already waiting from a crashed LHD version. ( rear damage). The parts were swapped and jobs a good’n.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Very same thing mentioned about mine having that done, I’m missing out the middle man and trying for a sale direct, I sold a r6 actually to Netherlands a few years back when bikes were been snapped up by Europeans when pound was stuffed you could name your price

13. i live in Germany still and only drive RHD due to the price difference.
    the process is simple, and make sure you get a picture of his licence just in case you get speeding fines etc once the car is passed on, as the plate will still ping it back to you.
    the buyer can request a permanent export cert so long that they have a copy of the V5. its a lot easier if you can give them the COC number so they can order the certificate from their local dealer.

• Useful Useful x 2
  14. :upyeah:

15. Especially if they were nicked :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information