1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Selling Or Think Off?...748r Wanted For Next Year

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Chris.King1, Jun 26, 2018.

1. As the title says...I'm looking for a Ducati 748R at the end of year/start of next. I have a Benelli Tornado 1130 TRE, which I will be selling after this summer to add to funds.

I am looking for this specific model, see picture. So if you have or are thinking off, or know somebody who is selling 748R at the end of the year, then please get in touch. This is a heads up. Nearer the time maybe I will post 748R wanted!

I miss the v twin sound too much!

Regards,
    Chris.

ducati-748.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. great choice but you know yellow ones are a little better?

any preference for late or early?

3. Has to be red! I'm after the unvented version as shown in picture.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. That’ll be an ‘02 model year actually assembled in 2002, potentially as late as the 2nd calendar quarter as I’ve seen January ‘02 built bikes with 2 piece fairings not the slab side. Going to be a tough search with such small numbers sold in the UK. A word of caution, I have recently seen a small number of bikes for sale that have been registered long after production ended but have been ‘02 Ohlins models assembled in 2001. Good luck with your search. Andy

5. ...I see 2 recently sold, one on here and one on ebay. As you say, will be hard, just like when I was searching for a 749R model, but in the end found one, funnily 20 miles from me! I prefer to to have the cash waiting, with no messing about, hence will sell the Tornado and have funds ready come winter/spring time, ready to pounce!

6. I've just listed one for sale, unfortunately too early for you.

7. Yup, too early for me to buy...and I see the one with 1098 motor. You guys are torturing me!o_O

I'm looking for R model. But if there are any 748 models with Ohlins, Marchesini wheels, Termis, or red framed, basically a bit special, then I would consider.

But first need to sell the Benelli...bins not included.

benelli.jpg

#11 Chris.King1, Jun 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  8. I’m looking for one too, I’ve got the cash waiting. You have to be quick when a good one comes up, well quicker than I have been so far.

• Like Like x 1
  9. that red one that just sold was very nice despite being the wrong colour

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Andy, my UK spec MY02S was assembled May 01 with plastics all dated June and July 01, it was part of the prelaunch MY02 production (the MY02 or slab sided 748 was launched from Summer 2001), but it was not registered until April 2002. Two piece fairings on MY01s should have stopped or at least the very last ones were at the factory by Spring 01. Falloon's book shows over 500 MY02 Rs built in 2001 and around 700 MY01 Rs built in the same year but no MY01s built beyond 2001. I have seen a number of late registered MY02 748s (usually Es) built in 2001 that have 03 and one or two 04 regs these were late sales simply because they were competing against 749s and were often sold at discounted prices to get rid of the old stock or old model.
    To confirm the 748R in the picture is an MY02 but it is quite likely to have been built in 2001

11. There has been a yellow 748R for sale at M&S for a while now at 10k

12. how did you get those precise build dates?

13. All the panels are marked with either a stencilled date or a date ring mold marker, the frame has a specific date engraved on the cross member above the vertical cylinder which is not obvious unless you know where it is located. They are part of the tools used for checking the history and provenance of a bike. Easiest to find is the seat date.

14. ...That one has paint flake on the engine...or it's a reflection of the yellow panels :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. That's the one, hence why I haven't bought it at £10k. its also got a scratch on the back end and one mirror.

• Like Like x 1
  16. good to know - which one do you use to infer assembly date as the ones mentioned are dates of manufacturer for the respective parts or is there one which denotes when the whole lot was put together?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information