1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Selling Parts

Discussion in 'Forum How To's - create an Avatar/Event/Group etc?' started by suttz83, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Ive not been on here for a while as I sold my 1098 but I have just found a load of parts in the garage that I forgot I had. May be of use to some of the guys/gals on here.

I can’t seem to find the button to post in the for sale section anymore. Am I missing something?

Cheers

2. Since your last visit it was decided to request prospective sellers to become forum subscribers which requires a minimum donation of £5 via paypal. Andy

3. Really! Oh dear! Ok, straight to eBay it is then. Shame.

For me, I usually post things in the owners forums first and at cheaper prices as I think it’s better for those people to get first chance. Surely it’s the forum members that miss out this way.

Thanks for updating me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. The policy was implemented to discourage people from joining the forum just to sell stuff and not engaging with the community. £5 subscription, used to keep the forum running, is going to be a lot cheaper than eBay but it’s your choice. Andy

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. It's entirely up to you whether you subscribe or not but I would have thought that £5 subscription for twelve months would be way cheaper than the costs you'd pay eBay.

If you'd like to subscribe then you will find more information here - https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/pages/Supporter/

• Like Like x 1
  6. Well you are not that interested in helping other members with parts you have as a £5 would be a great investment given the sharks that parade on flee bay and waste more time than a fiver, also your fees will be far higher than posting the parts here for genuine buyers to have.
    Good luck with your parts sales:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Yeah, ya cheapskate. I'd much rather buy stuff on here than through a faceless internet site (points for irony)!

8. Me also. I’d always prefer to buy parts from the forums I’m part of however, I don’t really use this forum much now that I have sold my 1098 so I’m not going to pay another fee.

Just thought it would be good to put the parts on here as someone may be looking for what I have and get it cheaper than the stupidly high eBay prices.

Not going to get into a big debat either as like I said I’m not all that bothered as I don’t use the forum much now I’ve sold up.

Apart from this tho, it’s a good forum with some usuefull info and I wish you all the best.

9. It's ok. It was my attempt at Ironic English humour. This site and Ebay being essentially both faceless virtual internet entities. Never mind!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information