1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sena ‘srl - Mesh’ For The Shoei Neotec 2, Gt Air 2 And J-cruise 2 Now Available In The Uk

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Android853sp, Jul 16, 2022.

1. Went to Helmet City, Oxford today, to buy the updated Shoei, Neotec 2 and saw that there is a new version of the Sena SRL integrated comms unit available that includes Sena Mesh technology.

With free in-house fitting and zero VAT rating on the Sena, seemed churlish not to take advantage of the offer. It will be a few days before I can road test the design changes to the helmet and the SRL but I will report my impressions. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Coincidentally was looking at self same kit helmet city cheddar today. Couldn’t quite bring myself to buy though -brother has one and it looks and feels a nice bit of kit.
    Let us know how you mesh with it…..

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. What colour version did you get? Something lairy I trust?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Cracking lid. I bought the new Jaunt TC1 last week.

Have they improved the speakers, as the ones in the SRL2 are truly appalling?

5. The SRL - Mesh comes with 'sound by Harman Kardon'. I'll let you know when I get to use the helmet at national speed limits. Andy

6. Yeah I asked about it when I was at Infinity earlier & they said the same.

I’ve ordered one, so will see how it compares.

#7 Multirider75, Jul 17, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2022
  7. If the speakers just clip into a fixed point in the ear recess don't expect great audio performance once you get above 50-60mph. Speaker position, both alignment central to the ear canal as well as v. close proximity to the ear makes all the difference. You may need to make adjustments to get the best out of the headset.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. I have Neotec 2 and the sound is superb , can hear perfectly well to over 100mph. So if the HK are better still, they will be stonkingly good. Have HK system in the car and it is bloody good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ok, so I’ve been using the SRL Mesh, and the sound is bloody awesome! At first it was no better than the SRL, but after I played with the settings, it’s fantastic.

10. “played with the setting” ? What settings did you change ? Andy

11. The volume! :p

In the app, you can max out the volume. You could with the normal SRL, but the Harmon Kardon speakers are a thousand times better than the shite that comes with the regular SRL.

12. Ah, thanks. Andy

13. Had my first ride with the SRL-Mesh yesterday and IMO, well worth the outlay. Got separated from my riding partner but still had comms despite being over half a mile out of line of sight. Crystal clear too. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Just bought and fitted the SRL-Mesh in my Neotec 2. What settings did you change?
    Sounds great, but must admit expected it be louder.

Screenshot 2023-03-17 144434.png

Screenshot 2023-03-17 144400.png

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. I can’t remember, will have a play again. On intercom it’s brilliant, but when playing music it was still fairly quiet, so I’ll have a look at the settings again.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information