1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sena 10u Or 20s And Garmin 395 Compatability

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Mark97, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Hi, I have just fitted a Garmin 395lm on a ducati high mount to my Multistrada. I am now looking to get a comms. set for my helmet. I have a Shoei GT Air so can get a Sena 10u which is fully integrated into the helmet which I like the idea of or a Sena 20s which I understand to be the highest spec model. Does anyone have experience with either that they would be willing to share? I wish to use it with my sat nav so want to know if they are compatible (10u does not appear on Garmin's list possibly as it has not been updated) I also want to use it with my phone and for music. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
    Mark

2. I have a 10u in a Schuberth C3 and love it. I don't have a Garmin on my bike as they are old fashioned things and prefer to use GPS software with my tablet.
    When I switch on my 10u tells me that it has connected to the tablet (GPS and media), phone, and my wife on the bike to bike intercom.
    As Bluetooth is a protocol, then anything bluetooth should connect to anything else bluetooth, in practice it seems that some GPS unit manufacturers try to restrict this for some reason.

3. Using a Garmin 395lm with Sena 10S, no problems.

4. Both will work just fine. I have the 20s but would probably have opted for the 10U had it been available at the time.
    I would be interested to hear some feedback if you go for the integrated 10U.

5. Just got my 10u for the GT Air, simple to fit and set up, just got to remember the sequence of button pushes for various things, answering phone, radio, etc. unfortunately my phone is Windows not apple or android so not supported on the sena app, but that goes for most products and windows phones! the phone itself paired with bluetooth as did the Garmin Zumo 395, so very pleased especially with the almost invisible nature of the 10u in my gt air.
    Will report again when i have used it a little more.
    Mark

6. I'm running a 10U in a Shuberth C3, iPhone and Spotify music, garmin zumo 395, missus has a sena 10s
    Works well together with the exception of some of the navigation prompts just crackle! Not sure if it's a Garmin issue though? Don't forget that there is a load of options in the configuration menu such as enhanced audio, volume setting and vox settings....have fun :)

7. I have a 10U fitted in my GT Air, connects to a Garmin Zumo 590. Works very well though as mentioned by Nigel above there is occasional interference on spoken directions from the GPS. These occurred when I had an Autocom and a Zumo 660 so I think this is down to the Garmin, not the Sena.

Use my phone through the Zumo (don't think you can with the 395) and also connect the 2nd BT channel to a Sena SR10 for PMR radio. Bike to bike with the Sena, my m8 has a 10U as well, is great, but with bigger groups and longer range PMR is better.

Found that I had to remove the speaker carriers that clip into the lining of the GT Air and use Velcro and dense foam to mount the speakers in a better position. Close to the ear and centrally aligned over the ear canal gave me optimal performance over the std set-up which is a fixed position. Might suit some but not me. Can hear music and directions into the 90s aided by a Puig touring screen on my MV. Previously wind noise took over at mid 70s. Not HiFi quality but without in ear monitors that's not really going to happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I went for a Sena 10U for my Schuberth C3 Pro as I was concerned at the reports I saw for the Sena 20S not being waterproof enough - okay for showers, but there were several reports of the 10S bombing out in real wet weather.

The 10U bypasses these problems by being inside the helmet.

I'm not sure about the Garmin connection as I have a TomTom, but it always works fine with everything I've connected to it, so I'd be very surprised if there was an issue with it.

9. Sorry to hijack the thread but does anyone know what the scenario would be if using a Sena 10S in conjunction with 2 mates who both have Sena SMH5's?

I'd want to pair a 10S with an iPhone 6S and my Multistrada DVT

Thanks in advance... :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information