1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Senna No.222 Sold At Auction

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Dox, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Great looking bike - I see that no. 223 is owned by a member...was this one too? Or maybe is now?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. I have to say, I never got the point of the Senna, any of them. :confused:

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. Are they SPS bikes with a different colour (usually grey) paint?

4. Marketing at its purest. Ayrton Senna road a Monster so Ducati used his notoriety to flog 200 916s. It sold out so quickly, marketing decided to devalue the first 200 by making 2 more tranches of a 916 Senna in different colours. £22500 for the least popular 916 Senna, ridiculous. IMO of course :cool: Andy

#4 Android853sp, Nov 11, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Great for pose value but an overpriced paint job.IMO,but if the price was cheap enough then why not.

6. I thought some of the money went to the senna foundation which helps poor kids in Brazil?

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Ahh, like the Foggy rep. Cash went to the poor kids of Blackburn.

• Funny Funny x 12
  8. Net proceeds from all 3 editions were donated to the Ayrton Senna Foundation. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. The price definitely wasn’t cheap enough, 22.5k plus buyers premium at 10% +vat so 25.2 all in:astonished:

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. I saw 6 go through Bonham's from a private collection 5 years or so ago - all went for around £6-£7K. They would have been a good buy for the people who say you can't profit from bikes :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Crazy money for a none SP/SPS/R model.: unamused:

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Had Ducati stuck at the first release, there would have only been 300 (edited from an incorrect 200). Andy

#12 Android853sp, Nov 11, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Based on that information this means todays stock values would be much higher.:confused:

14. This is the first Mk3 Senna I have seen actually sell at that price point. I sometimes wonder if people really do their homework and understand what they are buying. Andy

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. I bought mine new for 16,000. It came with extra termi cans + chip, a stand, and the rear ohlins.
    Not a fantastic deal, but nowhere near the prices being thrown about these days.
    My 748 sps from a year or 2 before had been around 12,500 if I remember rightly.

16. I thought they made 300 of mk1 senna's? (mine is N53)

17. Thought it was 200 but relying on my memory at the moment is definitely risky. Andy

18. Tried googling as I'm sure 1 of the 3 was only 200, and the other 2 series were 300 - couldn't find the info, only reference to 300.

19. mk1 was deffo run of 300 units all sold on the first day of release

20. Found it, yes, the first edition was 300. Apologies for the duff info. Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information