1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Senna, What To Look For ?

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Android853sp, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Sat having a curry last night with my old work's team and got offered a Senna. At this point in time I don't know if it's 1st edition or not or how original but price looks competative. I'm happy with most of the stuff just have no experience with the Senna. Was it more than just a paint job ? Thanks, Andy

2. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Series 111 had Ohlins rear shock, carbon number plate holder, cast iron 'racing' discs and carbon airbox as well as cover, race only silencers with 062 chip and paddock stands.

#3 Balmy, Mar 2, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Go and have a butchers, take loads of images & close ups. So those that know can deceminate whats what..

• Like Like x 1
  5. Is a good idea but will have to combine with a trip to Cadwell Park. Life is such a bitch :D. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Need to be careful. I have known of a few and most have been, erm, dubious....

7. Yes good point. Although no details yet, I am lead to believe the bike might be an import although now fully UK registered. Clearly need to introduce myself to that very nice Italian lady when I have numbers. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Hope this helps.....

IMG_0035.JPG

IMG_0036.JPG

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. A friend owned one that he kind of restored, that was a no UK bike. Sold it about 2, maybe 3 years ago, had a real ballache trying to get provenance on it

10. Okay a quick update. Been in contact with the current owner and it is an original Mk1 Senna, 1st registered in 1997 and bought from the original owner in Germany about 2 years ago. Letter of authenticity from Ducati present following check by current owner, fully UK registered, UK headlight and mph speedo. Approximately 30,000 miles and in original ridden condition so not mint but actually nice and tidy looking at the photos. Was supposed to be talking to the guy this evening but it turned out to be not convenient now and I've a serious dilemma. Got asked for advice about a 996R for probate this morning and out of the blue was offered it once probate was sorted. So if anyone would be interested in the Senna, let me know and I'll pass your details on, he is asking £12,000. Andy

11. Also has original paddock stand and cover. Andy

IMG_0196.JPG

IMG_0195.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  12. I know this bike. NeArly bought it myself couple of years ago from a guy just outside Munich. He actually owned 2x Senna's from new. Nice bloke. From memory it was around 55-60k km on the bike. He was asking 9.5k euro.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information